Thread: Help!!

Default Help!!

My daughter is graduating in three weeks from college and we will be going. We will be gone for five days. I have six aquatic (African clawed) frogs. In the past, my son was always available to come and feed them when we went away, but no longer. I remember having "vacation feeders" for my fish, but have never seen anything of this nature for the frogs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Help!!

Isn't there anyone who can take care of the frogs for you? Those vacation blocks for fish don't really work for frogs. They don't recognize it as food. The frogs should be fine for five days though, just keep in mind that this isn't ideal

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Help!!

Yeah, make sure they eat nice and good before vaca... bad ju ju... they'll be equally as hungry when you get home, but alot can happen in a few days...

My other choice is to bring them with me. It is an 8 to 9 hour car trip. They would have to be in strange surroundings for the entire time. Does anyone have suggestions for this option? For example travel containers?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Unfortunately taking them with you would be extremely stressful for them. They would really be much better off left at home. If you don't know anybody personally who can care for them, maybe call your vet or pet store to see if they know of any pet sitters that have experience with exotics.

Thread Information