An elusive blue color morph exists in Pacific chorus frogs that I'm interested in. I know very little about frog breeding, and breeding for color and patterns, so I'm hoping someone can share some knowledge with me.

From what I understand it all has to do with recessive genes, and if that gene is present in the breeding pair. I also know that PCF's color can be somewhat random, so trying for a specific color will be difficult.

Currently, I have what I believe are two female PCF's. They are about 10 months OOW, and no calling or indications of male activity. One is brown with almost a copper sheen to her. The other is green with grey accents in her sides. Recently, the green frog has started changing colors and is showing some slightly green-blue hues. I know this is nothing definitive, but it may be that she carries that blue gene.

IF she just happened to carry the recessive gene, what color male could potentially help make the offspring come out with a greenish-bluish color?

Let's pretend I find a bright green male. They have some green froglets with some blue hues to them. What's the next step? Breed m/f from same clutch and see how the next generation comes out?

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated! Thanks