Thread: Hiyas

Annie742

Default Hiyas

Hi all I've been lurking for a while now and thought I should join.

I'm very new to having frogs. I am not new to plants or fish. I have had fish tanks for years both reef, and fresh. As for plants I love gardening. Sooo I thought why not try a tank for frogs

After reading on line everything I could find, I figured out that a green tree frog is the best one to start with for beginners (besided I think they are just to cute lol). Not sure if that's true, but that's why I decided to join the forum, to see what I have been reading is up to date and correct. I have read tons of the posts here and you all seem very nice and know your stuff!

I have started working on my tank. It's an Exo Terra 18x18x28 (if I remember correctly). I have the cork bark and the great stuff on the back and also have the Eco Earth on the back drying.

Well as you can see I can get very long winded so I should stop here!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hiyas

Hello Annie and welcome to the forum! Do you mean an American green tree frog or an Australian? I'm guessing American, either way, both great starter frogs! The exo will be a great vivarium for your new friend. You'll have to share some pictures! It's great to see someone putting in the research before getting a frog
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Annie742

Hi Amy and thanks for the welcome! Yes the American green tree frog. I have been trying to find out how many I could keep in my tank. I haven't really seen a lot online about this particular frog however. I keep looking though. I would like to have about 3. I don't mind if they are nocturnal, I work 3rd so when I am home on my weekends I'll see them. And like I said I think they have the cutest faces lolol. I am taking photos as I go also. So far not looking to bad, well for a first timer here

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

They are very sweet little guys. I enjoy having nocturnal frogs also. 3 would work well in an 18x18x24 exo. We dont have a care sheet on here for AGTF's but you could follow the care sheet for greys as their care is very similar - Frog Forum - Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Annie742

Thank you for the link. I have already read that as I kinda figured they were similar. Actually I thought of getting those frogs first. (I still may) I want my tank to replicate the natural habitat. Woodsy if you will. So I have been basing my tank build around that one. Good thing I found this forum as I wasn't certain if it would work for the frogs I was looking into

Thread Information