Thread: when taking my viv apart i found some worms. They were eating my wood, (do i remove them or ar ethey ok ?)

brookie

Default when taking my viv apart i found some worms. They were eating my wood, (do i remove them or ar ethey ok ?)

so i found these worms. also i found 1 bit of wood was entirely eaten at 1 end, which i guess could be because since all my plants died their would not be that much food for worms. But i never added worms, Also these do not look like a common worm they are very thin and redish and not big like i would expect a worm to be.so it got me wondering what type are they are are they bad for my viv. i am currently adding plants but i do ont want all my wood to be eaten ether.,

any fast replys would be great as im currently deciding if i should boil everything that was in the tank to insure they are all gone, or save some for my tank when its done

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: when taking my viv apart i found some worms. They were eating my wood, (do i remove them or ar ethey ok ?)

Was anything that you added to your tank wild harvested without being sterilized first? Your wood, substrate, plants? If so they could have hitchhiked in on that. Otherwise it's possible they're just a natural part of the decomposition process of a natural viv.

I'm not sure what they are without a picture, but maybe someone else knows.

brookie

Default Re: when taking my viv apart i found some worms. They were eating my wood, (do i remove them or ar ethey ok ?)

brookie

well i added plants, which i could not boil but i cleaned all the roots etc. im just not really sure if its a good kind or bad. it looks like a common worm but its so thin and such and all worms i know are thicker

Thread Information