Thread: My rats!!!

spooky

Default My rats!!!

My OH hates them.....
    BUT..... rats (along with frogs!) are my favourites pets. I had a pair of rats before I had my baby 2 1/2 years ago but OH 'persuaded' me to get rid of them as he believed they were dirty (they're not, I was just too pregnant to argue!)
    Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, on my birthday I popped into my local pet store to be greeted by a single male dumbo rat who was looking for a new home......... And without OH's support/permission I took Dave (rat!) home!!
    Of course, felt guilty keeping him on his own, so got Dave a playmate, Alfie. OH was even more angry.....
    But then had to get a bigger cage for Dave and Alfie...............................
    OH didn't speak to me for a loooooooooooooooong time
    Anyway, I absolutley love these guys!!!! Hope you all do too

Dave

Alfie

A bit of rough 'n' tumble!!

Dave, fishing for corn!

Alfie, fishing for corn!!

Also, this is my 200th post, do I get a prize/award????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My rats!!!

*prize* for you.

When I see rats I see frog food (sorry, it's true).
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

spooky

Nooooooooooooooooooooo John
    Hehe. Funnily enough, feeder rats don't bother me! Snakes etc have to eat too, right? I know these 2 will never be fed to a snake and that's good enough for me
    I'm a member of a rat forum, they'd most likely kick me off if they read that last bit!!

Oh, and thanks for my prize!

Kurt

Frog food? More like snake food, I still have one in the freezer.

Welcome back Katie, nice to see your smiling face again.

Jace

I love rats as well!! I had two dumbo eared hairless rats (females) and they were two of the best pets I have ever had. Love your pictures-I hope you continue to let us know how they are doing. Sigh...I miss my ratties.....

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Lol..Jace, that brings back memories. I had a pet rat too when I was about19. She was so awesome, very clever. Her name was Ratty and Jace I use to call her my wee Ratties. OMG..I even took her on a date. Lol

spooky

lol Ebony!!!! When you say you took her out on a date, i'm hoping you meant that you took her when you went on a date.... And not that you dated a rat!! Think that's ilegal lol
    I LOVE dumbo hairless rats! They look like little aliens

PsionicRat

Yay rats! I had rats for five years, two pairs or males and one little boy who had a misdiagnosed case of mega colon. ): But I loved em all. I miss having them around but I can't really afford them atm.

Jace

Ebony, you made me laugh out loud this morning!! I involved my rats in a lot of things when I had them, but I don't think I every brought them on a date with me....dang, I missed out!! LOL

I've had several rats throughout my life, and I have to say the dumbo eared are my favs. Katie, you are right-the hairless kind of do look like aliens...and the heat they throw out!! On a cold winter night, I would curl up with Dory and Mika underneath my sweater and a comforter around all of us, and we would read or cross-stitich and they would keep me toasty warm! Ah, good days, good days! I have to say, I am taken with Alfie and kind of jealous right now that you have two of the cuties!! Lol!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    lol Ebony!!!! When you say you took her out on a date, i'm hoping you meant that you took her when you went on a date.... And not that you dated a rat!! Think that's ilegal lol
    I LOVE dumbo hairless rats! They look like little aliens

Lol..Yes I took Ratty out on a date,..Ha ha, only joking. My daughter found a photo just last week of me sitting with my date and my cute little rat on my knee. I used to take my rat on the bus to town.Lol My daughter really wants a rat but her dad says's no at the moment. :-(

Kurt

So get a snake, so you will have to get rats. You have to conveniently forget to feed the rat to the snake.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Lol..That's a good idea Kurt but we dont have snakes in NZ .

Pitbulldoxie

Awww to cute. Neat colors on the boys. Currently have Two female rattys love em to bits. My fave tho are he hairless.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Lol..That's a good idea Kurt but we dont have snakes in NZ .
    Works with large lizards too.

Thread Information