Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Ball Python a few pics

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default My Ball Python a few pics

Well, sorry but my #1 pet is a snake. There i said it... lmao. This is Shiva(cmon nerds what game series?) Age about 4. About 4.5ft. Ive never looked i to morph but know shes not normal. This poor thing was my first rescue man... i cut someones grass, they were broke and said they bought a snake a few months prior and didnt know why it wasnt dead... broken tank and all. Years and alot of work later here she is! Head shy as all ball pythons usually are. But decided to show off and open up for me to get a pic.

Btw: the 40g breeder she calls home is planted and very much alive.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: My Ball Python a few pics

Heres another good one of the tank. Please pardon the cold temps i had just put the lid back on after cleaning the tank. We feed her in a seperate tub.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Wow! Just wow! And she kinda looks like he just a pic, what do I know lol

now explain me how on earth s/he is nit crashing everything inside? My girl is crashing even wood chips, she is also a rescue. Happened to escape from somebody and sneak out into a a home washroom. A lady went there and saw her, jumped on a toilet and called firefighters, and these brought her to our clinic. She was tiny tiny snakey back then.

you gotta tell me how you set up everything here and why it's still alive, I wanna do it too!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Beautiful snake!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Wow! Just wow! And she kinda looks like he just a pic, what do I know lol

now explain me how on earth s/he is nit crashing everything inside? My girl is crashing even wood chips, she is also a rescue. Happened to escape from somebody and sneak out into a a home washroom. A lady went there and saw her, jumped on a toilet and called firefighters, and these brought her to our clinic. She was tiny tiny snakey back then.

you gotta tell me how you set up everything here and why it's still alive, I wanna do it too!
    Actually thats a funny story. Since snakes rely on belly heat to digest, there is no drainage layer. However, we do have to use a soil moisture meter to make sure im not too saturated. Like i usually rant, most of my uva needs are met by 56-65k full spectrum grow bulbs. Uvb, and an infared. But, like in the joshs frog moss thread, a 56k GE full spectrum Color Effects bulb (twisty) works also for mild uva. The soil is bioactive diy we found on another forum. With some All natural orchid bard soil mixed in. Mist lightly 2x daily. And walla. I use the ultrasonic cool mist experiment too which helps alot with the moss.
    The soil compacts as the snake roams. She may be a wee dirty for a day or 2. Lightly pack it with your hand.
    In the tank is:
    Ivy: ground plant, any light, high water consumption. Handles slithering and trampling very well. Can be purchased in a veriety of shades/colors
    Pothos: come on now, if it dies ill poop myself. Any light, can be hung anywhere on anything, broken stems root anyways. Personally i hid my main cluster behind a large fake nat geo stump(cool hide) it keeps her from the main cluster...
    Croton(the big plant): thick stemmed, flexible large leaves. We tested this before trying it, ya can grab the leaf mid way and push it straight down. Takes effort to break them. This needs to be near a wall. Maybe a piece of fake vine or suction cups with string? We have a foam background so i made staples, picked a leaf, and pinned it around the narrow/stem area to the background. Mind you, if tubby goes ham, im putting the staple back up in the morning. The plants roots are doing good so theres not much issue.
    The long grass: name unknown but its a house plant. It just grows like nuts and doesnt care about trampling. Id recommend this for large frogs as well. Its impressivly durable.
    The moss: ugh all outdoor harvested. 10:1 bleached, then soaked in hot water. Some soil left on it. Its best to place a piece of bark under any moss. The moss will root and process the bark. Your humidity is key to the moss. Our fogger grows it like a G. Regular misting on the moss if you spray. Cool enough we have a few woods plants growing out of the moss as well. Were not sure what they are besides some grasses and forest floor covering plants, which i think is an awsome thing.

Well heres a ton of pics!

On a cell phone... sweet god my thumbs hurt

7. This member thanks Krispy for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

That's just too good to be true lol im fairy sure my monster would crush it all, I believe she is about 6lb, may be more now, she can eat medium sized bunny and it won't be vsible in her belly lol not that I can convince her eat a bunny, she is very picky like most bp.
    will go try to take pic.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Well now im excited! Sounds like a big girl. Were still on rats because its head is finally trying to catch up to her belly. It is a daily poke at setup but i am IN LOVE with all natural setups. Believe me, in 3 years since she was about a foot long weve been through alot of experiment plants. Fatty squooshed them all lmao. This setup so far is the most rugged.

I dedicate a few hours a day to daily upkeep on them all. Saturdays are our sob days

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Shoulda put the pics n stuff in the viv section. Really freak people out lol.

I used to be a regular on ball-pythons.net when i surpassed them i grew bored, came back a year later to an almost dead site. Tried to help. Just no life. The wife loves frogs and im a herp nut so. Here we are. Now she wants all kinds of books and courses fml... To support it im going to sell most of my wood enclosures i make from here out. Phew so much....

Nationality
    [Canada]

The thing is.... Most herp nuts are ending up here just look at me lmao

i hate keeping anybody in a rack systems or "snake enclosures", love naturalistic look!

12. This member thanks Lija for this post:

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    The thing is.... Most herp nuts are ending up here just look at me lmao

i hate keeping anybody in a rack systems or "snake enclosures", love naturalistic look!
    I also, would hate life in a white shoe box...

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Ah tank evolution. Added a brom. Couldnt help myself. Also added another palm grass and a red ivy in the back.

Mwa ha ha

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

This is the last one i swear. Everyone on the bp site interrogated me about my lid/lighting. Man i spun their heads off with the tank. Anyway. Exo Terra $35 at my local petsmart(sale). 2 switch job.

Funny... just noticed you can see part of the new build in the background.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

What new tank are you building?!?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Well... i do believe it to be an upgrade for our red eye leaf froggies. The home i made them now is only 18x18 and i feel that it is too small. So. The new one is 24x24 lol. Still in the making im afraid. This is from just now. Were waiting on our final seal layer to cure. Baking it sort of with 2 normal bulbs. These wood jobs sure hold heat and humidity well.

Once cures its time to wood putty, sand, stain, the gloss/seal. We were thinking a red mahogany with some nice trim. Once complete i will find an nice according size stand or end table and mount it. Im currently debating a small drain valve out a back corner for the false bottom as well, being as this baby will be fully alive.

Well. This is where we stand so far. Were making a foam back and partial side background as well. Debating wether to plant the sides or not...
    Last edited by Krispy; March 25th, 2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: photobucket lied to me

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Awesome!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

To say I'm a little in love with your naturalistic viv for your snake is an understatement. In the UK they don't seem to be a thing that is really done for them, which is sad. Unless they are a real arboreal species.
    2.1.0 Oriental Firebelly Toads
    1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog
    4.2.0 Guinea Pigs
    1.1.0 Cats

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Mushrooms View Post
    To say I'm a little in love with your naturalistic viv for your snake is an understatement. In the UK they don't seem to be a thing that is really done for them, which is sad. Unless they are a real arboreal species.
    Same on this end of the pond. Not too many people take the time to make a bp as comfy as it wpuld be in nature. They are a bit... destructive lol. But being planted thickly she loves it. All maintenance in the morning now it, checking for poo and re fluffing the ivy and maybe the palm grass. The massive support on the brom has kept her from her attempts to kill my poor croton in the back. The croton is mighty tough but she tries to perch her big butt on the leaves lmao. Shes species confused i think lmao. Shive you are noooooot a tree frog hahahahahaha.

Went moss harvestin yesterday. Should the wife and i make a sanitizing moss thread for the viv section? And thoughts?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Well. Before morning poke and prod, heres a night of tromping. I told ya damage control isnt bad. Refluff the ivy, fern, look for poopies, and let it go lol. Heres a pic of her tromping about and the next morning.

Just need firm roots, lots of ground cover, and some time.

Annie742

Oh I love snakes. That has to be THE best setup for a snake I have ever seen, very impressive!

23. This member thanks Annie742 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default My Ball Python a few pics

What a cool idea for a snake. I've got a corn and I am looking into redoing his set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephanie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information