Thread: Squeaking

Default Squeaking

My two White's have shed recently, one yesterday and one today, and both of them made a high pitched squeaking noise beforehand. It worried me when the first one did it yesterday, but then I saw him shedding and thought nothing of it, but then the second one just did it a while ago before he started shedding as well.
    But I have never heard it before and I have had these frogs for a little over two years now.
    I tried Googling it but nothing came up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Squeaking

That's really odd! I hope someone else is able to supply and answer here, because I've never had this happen with my guys before (to my knowledge!), but they are younger and I've only had them a short time by comparison to yours.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Default Squeaking

I mean at the same time I've only caught them in the middle of a shed a few times since I got them, never at the beginning.

whittyfrog42

I wouldn't be to put off by it mine make some of the straingest sounds iv ever heard. All the way from high pitched bird like calls to the normal deep throaty croaks they have an amazing range.

Default Squeaking

It was just very startling because it sounded like they were in pain

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by immortalspuddy View Post
    It was just very startling because it sounded like they were in pain
    What are your humidity ranges? Do they have access to a dish of water that allows them to sit in it up to their chin?
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny

Default Squeaking

The usual 50-60%, occasionally a little bit higher if we've had our own heating on. And yep, a nice bowl of water that they can both fit into with space, but choose to climb all over each other in :P

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

The usual 50-60%, occasionally a little bit higher if we've had our own heating on. And yep, a nice bowl of water that they can both fit into with space, but choose to climb all over each other in :P
    Sounds fine to me It could be just an incidental sound, the same way some of them make a strange sort of "BWAK!" sound when they lunge for crickets. My frogs also make light soft popping sounds sometimes after eating a big meal. My frog, Shirley, will make 2-3 very soft, barely audible little meeps, kind of like a little whimper, when I take her out of the tank so her companion, Honey-Lime, can have a chance to eat. It's almost like she's saying , "Hey! I wasn't done with those!" lol. It's funny because last night I was cleaning their tank while wearing a dust mask because I have a cold, and all of a sudden I hear a squawk, like a loud "MWAH!" and I look down to see Honey-Lime staring up at me... I was like, "What??" and then I realize, the mask! He didn't recognize me and must have thought I was some kind of weird creature or something, lol!
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Default Squeaking

Shirley and Honey-Lime, those are great names ^_^
    Mine prefer to wait until some time in the early morning to sing me the song of their people, or jump at the glass and make loud thumping noises.

whittyfrog42

Shirley and Honey-Lime, those are great names ^_^
    Mine prefer to wait until some time in the early morning to sing me the song of their people, or jump at the glass and make loud thumping noises.
    Yours are nicer than mine they usaly start around 11pm and every so often until about 9am and with 4 they get really loud.

Default Squeaking

It's got to the point though where most of the time I just sleep through it, it's the rest of the people in the house who are like 'I heard them croaking from three rooms away last night' while I didn't hear a thing.

Thread Information