Thread: My paceman frog is not the colour, that the pictures on Google and it has massively changed

Manny

Default My paceman frog is not the colour, that the pictures on Google and it has massively changed

My peppermint paceman frog when I first got it it was a blue colour but I have had it at least 6 months now and it is brown why ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

gizmo88

Default Re: My paceman frog is not the colour, that the pictures on Google and it has massively changed

I am Newbie so sombody more experienced can answer this better but to my knowledge they all brown a little or alot it happens to all pacmans eventually but its diferent for all pacs on how far they turn its down among other things the substrate.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: My paceman frog is not the colour, that the pictures on Google and it has massively changed

That's typical. Standard green cranwellis may look bluish as babies, but will grow into kind of a brown and green camo look. There are some color morphs out there that retain their original colors better, but most will darken with age.

as i have been learning over a year as they age they some times change their colors. but one thing i'm learning is their stress and defense responses can also lead them to either turn darker shades when pacman's get mad or pale when their stressing out. theirs also several dozen different patterns and colors that where inter bred at the commercial facilities. mine started out looking like a standard green and brown Cornwallis but now is yellow with brown and thin red lines following his patterns which makes him look like hes blending with dieing leaves. the only major 3 colors i have found that hold color well in their life cycle is blood vein, blue samurais and the strawberries.

Manny

Thank you for your replys but the store said that it was a peppermint so

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Sorry if you are disappointed in the color of your frog, I'm sure he's cool regardless and should be given the best care you can provide. Sometimes pet stores lie, and sometimes these guys change color as they get older. I believe the morph they call a peppermint is just a slightly lighter green Cranwelli as a baby with diminished spotting. Can you provide a before and after picture of your frog?

Thread Information