Thread: Age and Food Quantity consumed

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Age and Food Quantity consumed

My GAPF was hatched on 12/15/14 and came to live with me on 2/7/15. When it arrived it was eating half inch crickets. The first day it arrived it ate about 10 crickets of that size. It hasn't eaten that many since. The terrarium is equipped with a water dish and coconut fiber substrate and is kept with areas that range from 72 - 82 degrees F. I also mist it every day. I also feed my frog night crawlers of which it eats about a quarter of a worm. A few weeks ago I switched it to eating every other day as it was starting to not show interest in feeding (I feed it in a separate container). It is down to eating only at 3 or 4 3/4 inch crickets or about 1/4-1/3 of a night crawler at each feeding. What I am wondering is if this is a normal amount for it to be eating? I expected it to have more of an appetite. Also, it will only eat things that are moving on their own. I am new to frog keeping and trying to figure out what is normal and what is cause for concern. I have cleaned the tank recently and that seemed to slow down it's eating if anything...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Age and Food Quantity consumed

Quote Originally Posted by preachinzoogal View Post
    My GAPF was hatched on 12/15/14 and came to live with me on 2/7/15. When it arrived it was eating half inch crickets. The first day it arrived it ate about 10 crickets of that size. It hasn't eaten that many since. The terrarium is equipped with a water dish and coconut fiber substrate and is kept with areas that range from 72 - 82 degrees F. I also mist it every day. I also feed my frog night crawlers of which it eats about a quarter of a worm. A few weeks ago I switched it to eating every other day as it was starting to not show interest in feeding (I feed it in a separate container). It is down to eating only at 3 or 4 3/4 inch crickets or about 1/4-1/3 of a night crawler at each feeding. What I am wondering is if this is a normal amount for it to be eating? I expected it to have more of an appetite. Also, it will only eat things that are moving on their own. I am new to frog keeping and trying to figure out what is normal and what is cause for concern. I have cleaned the tank recently and that seemed to slow down it's eating if anything...
    About how long is your frog now?

Default Re: Age and Food Quantity consumed

are u using something to declorinize ur water u use?? something might be stressing it out bc at that age they should be eating machines!! all of the pixies ive owned were eating machines everday till they got to almost adult size they slowed down a bit and only ate like machines every two or three days, if i let them go without food that is....but im not too sure what could be ur problem

Thread Information