Thread: Frog Photography

Default Frog Photography

So I'd like to take some photo's of Gru when he isn't sleeping. But that means night photo's and I'm worried the flash would harm him in some way. How do you guys take photos of your frogs? Gru is a RETF. I have a cell phone and a pocket camera but nothing crazy fancy with a billion settings.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Frog Photography

Flash is fine, I've never met a frog that reacted in any way as a result of flashes, including wild ones in the dead of night that weren't accustomed to people in any way. However, the results with the naked built in flash can be a little ugly both from the hideous direction of the light and reflections off the glass. Here's an old thread with some tips covering tripod use and a frog in a vivarium http://www.frogforum.net/general-dis...ps-tricks.html

Key is patience, and keep disruptions of your frog to a minimum. For example, while I say flash is fine I'm still not firing hundreds of shots at a frog in one sitting. If it's a wild frog, I move on to a new target after a few minutes. If it's one of my captive frogs and I'm not getting the shots I want after a few minutes, I'll try again in a few days.

Post your results to get feedback. Best of luck!

Default Re: Frog Photography

I can't upload photo's from my computer for some reason, I have to go to taptalk. He doesn't startle easily, this frog. I think his old owners handled him a bit as he is fairly mellow. When I take photo's he just sits until I'm done. That may change as we are setting up a new vivarium for him hopefully this weekend. But I've never taken more then three photos in a go because I feel so guilty that I'm flashing him with this blinding light when all he is doing is hanging out lol.

Thread Information