Thread: WTF hates red wrigglers

Unnar Karl

Default WTF hates red wrigglers

My white's tree frog hates red wrigglers, my plan was to make them their staple diet.
    Is where something i can do to make him eat it or will he eat it when he becomes very hungry? Don't want to starve him :/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: WTF hates red wrigglers

A red wriggler tastes abosolutley horrible to a frog and making red wrigglers their staple diet is as good as torture. You can try not dyed nightcrawlers cut to size but many frogs will never eat another worm after having that bad taste in their mouths. Remember to dust with calcium every other feeding and multivitamins once a week

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Unnar Karl

That's what i was afraid of, i read that these worms can create mucus that's is supposed to be nasty.
    I was just so surprised because my Pacman, Pixie and fire bellied toads all love them.
    It's either the red wrigglers or mealworms so im in a pickle :/

One of my Gray treefrogs decided he absolutely hated any kind of earthworm long before he'd even heard of a red wriggler. He'd occasionally eat very, very small nightcrawlers that he would swallow before he realized he meant to spit them out. After many attempts at tricking him, I eventually gave in and stopped trying. On the other hand, my other Grey and an American Green would gobble them up like there's no tomorrow, nasty red wrigglers included.

You may have luck with smaller worms, or dusting the worms, or rinsing the worms, or different species of worms, but sometimes the frog will win. Do you have any other options for a staple? Are roaches or crickets out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman1031 View Post
    A red wriggler tastes abosolutley horrible to a frog and making red wrigglers their staple diet is as good as torture.
    Just call me the frog torturer then:P.

Thread Information