Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EMERGENCY: White's Tree Frog VERY SICK--may not make it thru next 24hrs

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: EMERGENCY: White's Tree Frog VERY SICK--may not make it thru next 24hrs

Okay.. I've never thought I see Bill mad lol
    how in earth you were able to just come here and get on people's nerves so fast?

Now seriuosly... there are lots of experienced keepers, professionals and even some vets here, some of those people were trying to help you, instead of listening you got all defensive. If you are zookeeper and work for a zoo as you say, you should know what appropriate animal keeping practices are and what is the difference between keeping animal for it to barely survive and to thrive.

I'll read through the thread and honestly have only one question, do you honestly want to get help here? Or you know it all and just want us to confirm what you already know in your mind?

If you want to get help, i suggest you reconsider your behaviuor and listen to what people are trying to tell you.
    We all here love frogs and spend a lot of time offering a free advice for those who need it, trying to save as many frogs as we can, and it definitely gets on our nerves when somebody like you is coming to get help and instead of listening being rude and defensive. I can tell you honestly, I open this thread and started reading wanting to help, but not anymore, not until you are willing to accept help. And again if you are zookeeper as you say, you should know in exotic animals every small detail counts, everything is related.

ultimately these are your frogs and your decision.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

2. This member thanks Lija for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: EMERGENCY: White's Tree Frog VERY SICK--may not make it thru next 24hrs

If you think its edema you more then likely have to bring your frog to vet. There is two types of edema one being bacterial and the other is due to kidneys shutting down due low temps or trauma. I know this because my pacman just passed about a month ago from edema due kidney failure, and if it is the kidneys its not irreversible. You can make him feel better but he will more then likely bloat again if its kidney failure. And the way to make him better is figuring out which one he has because he will need antibiotics so a trip to vet will be needed if this is what you really think it is.

caerulia

I wouldn't have been so defensive if people hadn't continued to criticize me on issues that had already been addressed. I don't know Bill but his 1st message (in my opinion) was pretty rude and criticizing & not at all helpful. If so many people on here are keepers then they have experience educating zoo guests & should have better communication skills and do a better job at not making people feel like they are being attacked, which is how I felt thanks to Amy & Bill.

Now, Cory: you seem to actually want to help & not just criticize! Do you have any advice for someone who does not have the funds available to get to a vet until March 1st? I plan to continue the honey water soaks but is there anything else that I can do to keep my little one going until I can get him to a vet?

Nationality
    [United States]

Let's put it this way, Amy and Bill are some of the greatest people we have on this forum. They've literally helped hundreds of people out. We trust them, they are extremely knowledgeable, and calling them rude and unhelpful, I just can't wrap my head around that one. We do want to help, and they were really trying to help you out, and especially the frogs. Believe me, its better to swallow your pride and listen to their advice, because it will help you and your frogs out in the long run. Just my 2 cents
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. 4 members thank jarteta97 for this post:

caerulia

Josh, Had they actually given me advice then I would have thanked them. However, all they did was criticize me on issues that had already been addressed. They seemed more interested in judging than in helping. This is not a matter of pride--& you can't exactly expect me to automatically respect people who remain faceless and whom I've never spoken to before. Perhaps if I had known them already or at least known their personalities better then I might have taken their comments differently. However, as someone who has never spoken to them before I had no context in which to apply their personalities to their words. To me they sounded rude and judgmental and unhelpful. Perhaps instead of continuing to insult me you could possibly try to see things from my perspective. Or, hey--here's a really novel idea: how about if you stop making this into a petty personal issue and focus on the animal issues instead?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

You can consider this your first warning. Your disrespect for the members of this forum is unacceptable. Everyone here has tried to help you. Josh was very friendly to you when your attitude didn't warrant his kindness. This thread has been locked as it was going no where except showcasing your disrespect. I hope you can change your tone and find help for your frog.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]

Another thing to consider and always keep in mind when dealing with the internet. We are dealing in a text only environment. Nearly every emotion you read in a post is the emotion you implied to be there. It is best to take things with a grain of salt and assume people are here to help unless they prove other wise. Part of offering advice is gathering information and offering criticism and advice to help narrow down the issue. Hope your frog recovers and lives a long happy life.
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Blue Jeans' (2014 Nicaragua Import)
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Chirique Grande' F1
    1.1.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Citronella'
    1.2.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Azureus'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'Sipaliwini'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'New River'
    0.0.4 - D. Tinctorius 'Leucomelas'
    0.0.4 - Terribilis 'Mint'
    1.1.0 - R. Ventrimaculatus 'French Guiana'

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hashtagfrogs
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC...sEZiZQoT8sOuuw

11. 3 members thank DigitalPunk for this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12