Hi All,

Hope this is the right area of the forum to post this in

I am getting some RETF in September but in the mean time I am doing copious amounts of research and gathering together all my equipment. I am building an Oak cabinet to put my Zoo-med terrarium in and was originally going to use artificial plants to decorate to keep things simple.

However, after many hours of reading various sites/books it seems going with live plants is a sensible option to assist with humidity and from looking at people pics they look stunning too.

I have decided to go for a not too imposing expanding foam background with some pots fitted in for planting and would also like to plant into the substrate if possible.

My question is for anyone who has a planted terrarium is what plants would they recommend? I would rather spend my time ensuring the frogs are flourishing than worrying about the plants so would prefer those that are pretty 'bomb proof'. (if there is such a thing). I am thinking of some climbers for the pots, and some larger leaf plants for lower in the substrate.

Without also trying to over complicate it I would like to use plants that the RETF would encounter in the wild to keep it as natural as I can (may be one step too far but who knows).

Any advice on substrate and layering would also be much appreciated

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.