Thread: White's/Dumpy Tree Frog Having Issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Plethodon

Unhappy White's/Dumpy Tree Frog Having Issues

Our white's tree frog was given to me about six months ago... It started out ravenous and growing, but, when winter began, she began hanging out in her water bowl more and eating less. For the past month or so she hasn't eaten much at all (despite having an under tank heater). Yesterday I found her out of her water bowl (which is unusual) on a dry patch of subsrate. Her skin was slightly darker and covered in mucous. I immediately placed her in her water bowl, and she reacted by squeezing up and staying stiff for a couple of minutes. At first I thought she was dead, but them she settled down and I, thinking she was dehydrated, exchanged her bowl water and wet the habitat, placing additional moss on the substrate. I let her be this morning, but when I came back in the afternoon she was out on the substrate again (on a damp patch this time), darker, with more mucous and strange white stuff on her back... it is yellowish and covers almost a third of her back. It is horrible because this has appeared so quickly and I have no idea what it is. She is also holding her legs out behind her more than usual. What is this and how do I fix it?

Update- I have tried multiple times to upload the picture but it says that the image is invalid...

She is a White's tree frog that lives alone on a regular diet of meal worms that are occasionally calcium/d3 powder dusted. Her enclosure is a ten gallon vertical tank that has coconut shavings and sphagnum moss, and artificial plant, rock, and small under tank heater.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/786597...7648690749214/
    Last edited by Plethodon; February 24th, 2015 at 07:48 PM.

Thread Information