Thread: Is this normal...?

KAWiggy

Default Is this normal...?

Jabba is doing great. He usually buries himself after he eats so I haven't noticed this before. The pouch/sack under his neck that extends when he croaks appears to be swollen. I can't tell of it just looks swollen because of how he is resting it on the substrate or not. Is this normal or should I be concerned?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Is this normal...?

Im not to sure what to say, I have only had females. But it does seem to look abit big and I don't know if just the picture but in the last one it looks like there is a small lump. I would pick him up and check to see if anything else seems off. Just because he seems ok he might not be, my girl before she passed was diagnosed with edema and she would swell up like balloon but she still ate. Wasn't till the last about a week and half she stoped eating before she went. I would do a quick visual checkup just to be sure.

KAWiggy

It's pretty symmetrical all the way around the underside of his mouth. He was in a corner of the tank so I had to maneuver at an odd angle to get the picture. I picked him up and it doesn't poof up like it looked in the picture. He was also moving around in his tank and when he lifted his head up the pouch looked normal. I'll talk to my vet tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Maybe it is just his pouch and he is using it like a pillow. He doesn't look swollen anywere else in the picture either. How old do you figure is?

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hahaha, silly boy jabba

yes he uses his vocal sak as a pillow, it is normal.
    Mine does exactly the same, I'm just not sure if he is too lazy to get it in or it's comfy having a pillow, may be both lol
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

KAWiggy

Thanks guys! I figured this was the case. Jabbas just a lump. Haha. I have had him since the end of December but I don't know how old he was before I got him. I'm guessing he's around 5 months because he just started croaking. He is in our spare bedroom where there isn't much traffic. I have 4 cats and everytime he croaks they will all race upstairs wide eyed frantically looking for the noise. They all peak around the door when I go into the bedroom. Haha. It's a mystery to them.

Thread Information