Thread: Need Help: froggie sick:(

PyxieJunkie

Default Need Help: froggie sick:(

He stop eating for about a week now all he do is dig and stay in one corner and what I notice he keep blinking his left eye , is this fatty eye deposit?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  100.5 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

trentolio

Default Re: Need Help: froggie sick:(

Doesn't look to good is the frog new his eye lookes hazed over I would take him to a herp vet soon

PyxieJunkie

Quote Originally Posted by trentolio View Post
    Doesn't look to good is the frog new his eye lookes hazed over I would take him to a herp vet soon
    Kk thanks

PyxieJunkie

Anyone?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PyxieJunkie View Post
    Anyone?
    i just wrote a whole post about bacterial infections. but even my frog has had times where he wouldnt eat for a week or so. doesnt mean anything. i just cleaned his cage thoroughly and within a couple days he was just fine. but if this is a bacterial or mold problem then the best thing you can do is thoroghly clean his cage and completely replace the substrate in his cage. usually that breaks whatever colony is in the cage and the frogs immune system takes care of the rest. keep us posted.

PyxieJunkie

Ty for the response Matt , did it already I soak him a few times. Clean cage change the substrate and I notice he doesn't blink his left eyes as much hopefully this one will fix the problem and I notice it also he's kinda lethargic

PyxieJunkie

It s just all of a sudden it was yesterday he ate Dubia and some superworm and poop big time left to get him some rat pup in the afternoon and he refuses the food and kinda keep blinking his left eye and kinda scratch it here and there and like I said his kinda lethargic

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Do you have a herp vet near you that you can take him to?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

He just ate yesterday???? you guy doesnt look like a baby. he can go without food for a week or so when they reach 3-4 inches, no big problem! If his eye gets inflamed then that would be a cause for concern but if you just cleaned his cage and he just ate yesterday then i would give it some time. unless i am getting something wrong here.

PyxieJunkie

Quote Originally Posted by mattfish View Post
    He just ate yesterday???? you guy doesnt look like a baby. he can go without food for a week or so when they reach 3-4 inches, no big problem! If his eye gets inflamed then that would be a cause for concern but if you just cleaned his cage and he just ate yesterday then i would give it some time. unless i am getting something wrong here.
    Ha ha you got it mixed up my friend what I said is he ate yesterday just one DUBIA and one superworm I run out of them so I went out that afternoon ang get em rat pup coz 1 dubia and one superworm is not enough but he refuse to eat so I ask a friend that is a breeder he told me to

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

oh, well i still wouldnt be to concerned. once they are about 3-4 inches its not as big of a deal if they miss a meal every once n a while even if it lasts for a week or so (unless its a continuall occuring problem). You said you cleaned the enclosure and that is exactly what i would have done so now just give it some time. make sure also that he has proper heat on him. if the eye becomes inflamed then you may want to get that checked but even that doesnt seem like a big deal. you seem to have a normal African Bullfrog! Great Job!!!! (:

PyxieJunkie

oh, well i still wouldnt be to concerned. once they are about 3-4 inches its not as big of a deal if they miss a meal every once n a while even if it lasts for a week or so (unless its a continuall occuring problem). You said you cleaned the enclosure and that is exactly what i would have done so now just give it some time. make sure also that he has proper heat on him. if the eye becomes inflamed then you may want to get that checked but even that doesnt seem like a big deal. you seem to have a normal African Bullfrog! Great Job!!!! (:
    Ty Matt yeah he's not blinking and scratching his left eye as much but I notice he still lethargic one of my friend told me to get Melvin and soak him for a while and make sure that the left eye is getting wet also coz he saids it sounds like bacterial

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PyxieJunkie View Post
    Ty Matt yeah he's not blinking and scratching his left eye as much but I notice he still lethargic one of my friend told me to get Melvin and soak him for a while and make sure that the left eye is getting wet also coz he saids it sounds like bacterial
    NO! NO! NO! Please dont do that! If it gets inflamed THEN treat! time will heal most wounds or mild infections! treating for anything and everything is the MAIN reason people kill African pixies all the time! these are VERY hardy animals and as long as their setup is correct they can handle themselves just fine. Please just let time and his immune system work this one out! it makes his immune system better against the next attack!

PyxieJunkie

NO! NO! NO! Please dont do that! If it gets inflamed THEN treat! time will heal most wounds or mild infections! treating for anything and everything is the MAIN reason people kill African pixies all the time! these are VERY hardy animals and as long as their setup is correct they can handle themselves just fine. Please just let time and his immune system work this one out! it makes his immune system better against the next attack!
    R u sure My friend? Coz he is lethargic when I pick him up , plus the guy I'm talking about is one of the well known breeder here in the state and not just another noob hobbyist like me

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Sorry, i was talking about his eye problem. the lethargic thing is something that only you can determine. wish you all the best!

PyxieJunkie

Sorry, i was talking about his eye problem. the lethargic thing is something that only you can determine. wish you all the best!
    Yeah sad to say he passed away this morning

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'm very sorry for your loss .

There is no substitute for vet care and that infection and lethargy needed to have been treated. I also believe I missed this thread .

In the future please do not hesitate to take your frog to a vet. You can never be too careful

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Thread Information