Thread: New White's Tree Frog possible issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default New White's Tree Frog possible issue

Hello everyone, we received this White's tree frog about a week ago. She seems to have some sort of problem with her eye, I am including a photo. Is this anything we should be concerned with and will it heal itself with proper care? I am pretty sure it was like that when she came in her Fedex box, she was skinnier and has fattened up pretty well in the last few days.

She is in a Exo Terra 18X18X24 terrarium with cypress shavings, water bowl for soaking, tree branches, and fake plants. The temp range in there is 72 at the bottom to 84 at the top in the basking area (which she never uses). The humidity has been around 40%, we have been misting the cage every day trying to raise it up but I think due to the heat in the house being on all the time for winter we have had problems getting the humidity up any higher. I just ordered hydroballs and frog moss to change the bottom of the tank to water with the moss above it to hopefully keep the humidity up a bit. Obviously we will continue to modify the terrarium to make it as perfect for her as possible.....

Anyway, she seems fine other than the dark spot on her left eye (the right eye is normal) and has been eating well. I just noticed a red spot under her ear that I dont think was there before, but I am pretty sure her eye was like that when she arrived last week, have any of you seen this before?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rainrad2002; February 13th, 2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: didn't attach photo

Thread Information