Thread: Help: baby Pyxie Become Picky eater all of a sudden

PyxieJunkie

Default Help: baby Pyxie Become Picky eater all of a sudden

I recently change his cage from 5 gallons to a med. exo terra terrarium spec: 24 x 18 x 12 , I change it last Sunday then I fasted him Monday like I always do to all of my Pyxie and try to feed em this morning I was so surprise that his not interested with the food I'm giving him I have to hold it toss it in front of em to eat it , his normally not like this before , the moment I open his cage his jumping already and try to get the food out of my finger and he always burrowing all of his body with his head sticking out I know it's not aestivation coz he still eats but not as much

temp I'd around 85-90
    humidity is around 80

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Help: baby Pyxie Become Picky eater all of a sudden

man thats a tough one...im not too sure what it could be...it could be that he/she is still settling down in the new enclosure but pixies usually dont tank more than a day or two to start eating like a machine again...well at least my frogs didnt...i know my one male went from a 10 gallon to a 40 gallon and went totally nuts the first night...jumping hitting glass and going crazy...next day he was settled tho and started eating again....my guess is just wait a few more days to see if his old eating habits come back...good luck

PyxieJunkie

Default Re: Help: baby Pyxie Become Picky eater all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by habeeb View Post
    man thats a tough one...im not too sure what it could be...it could be that he/she is still settling down in the new enclosure but pixies usually dont tank more than a day or two to start eating like a machine again...well at least my frogs didnt...i know my one male went from a 10 gallon to a 40 gallon and went totally nuts the first night...jumping hitting glass and going crazy...next day he was settled tho and started eating again....my guess is just wait a few more days to see if his old eating habits come back...good luck
    I know man i switch his tanks to a bigger tank Sunday and I fasted him on Monday which I usually do to all of my Pyxies... Then Tuesday morning I tried to feed him usually by this time he would go nuts back to my surprise I got a hold The Dubias in front of his face for about 5-10 seconds enable for em to eat it and he doesn't eat as much I'm just hoping his just stress out with the switch and his not sick

Thread Information