Thread: Help!!! Very weak white"s tree frog!!!!

Exclamation Help!!! Very weak white"s tree frog!!!!

I was cleaning my frogs' tank and gathering them on my arm to make sure i found them all when i found my littlest, tommy ribbits hiding under a cave. i put him on me and he just laid on me. the other 3 moved towerds each other. he didn't move as i picked him up. he was a very dark brown color. the other 3 frogs were a nive green. he won't eat. he was very dry but i sprayed him. he is lathargic too. very skinny. i am not sure what to do now. he is tiny so i am not sure if force feeding him is gonna work. my dad thinks he'll die soon anything i can do to help my frog?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frogger00

Default Help!!! Very weak white"s tree frog!!!!

Really sorry to hear about your frogs condition!! It's probably best to separate him from the others. I first suspected a bit of bullying was going on, but then you said he won't eat. Does he have a favorite insect? One of mine loves crickets but doesn't care for worms, just an idea. If he looks like he's in pain, I would suggest putting him down. Is there a picture? That would give others more insight on the problem. A lot of the times with frogs these things will happen, and there's nothing we can do about it. Please keep everyone updated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Re: Help!!! Very weak white"s tree frog!!!!

he's skinnier now but still alive..i check to see if he's breathing..havd to clean him up first and he moves a arm..he will noteat. i have to try to force feed him.

Nationality
    [United States]

when was the last time he ate? you can try pedialyte baths, its 1|10 ratio example 1tsp pedialyte unflavored to 10 tsp water. and you can try the flukers reptiboost stuff too for emergencies.

i have no idea. if i'm right that he thought he was trapped in the cave cause a tree was next to it then about a week i tried to force feed him. he won't open his mouth enough to get a cricket in. i will try a leal worm. i put 4 crickets in the tank he's in..he's too weak to get them now. i was not told anout flukers reptiboost or a pedialyte bath. i am thinking the pet store i whent to does not carry the stuff. i am not sure what to do now but prepare for a frog funeral :'(

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

The pedialyte wouldn't be from a pet store. You should be able to get it from just about any drug store or grocery store (look in the baby/young kids section).

I'm hoping your little guy is able to recover.

Nationality
    [United States]

you can also get reptiboost off internet have it rush delivered if you can, force feeding might not be a good idea if he is in that much distress.and if you do find pedialyte make sure its UNflavored PLAIN.My frog went without eating for more than a week when he was sick way more he was very ill. you might have more time then you think you just have to get him enough energy to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy42 View Post
    The pedialyte wouldn't be from a pet store. You should be able to get it from just about any drug store or grocery store (look in the baby/young kids section).

I'm hoping your little guy is able to recover.
    oh ok. i'll see if i can find it.

Tommy Ribbits has died

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'm sorry. It might be a good idea to keep an eye on the other frogs and see if they show any sign of illness. Do you know if there are any exotic vets in your area that might see frogs? Just in case Tommy was actually sick and they get sick too? (I don't think they will but it's good to be prepared.)

I'm sorry about your loss. You may want to run fecal tests on your other frogs, in case it was some sort of parasitic infection that could have been passed around. Better to deal with those things while the animals are still relatively healthy.
    0.0.6 Hyla versicolor
    7.0.0 Dendropsophus leucophyllatus
    2.0.0 Homo sapiens sapiens (K & C, the *other* froglets)

"Cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose."

Nationality
    [United States]

sorry for your loss =( you should keep some stuff on hand too there is a topic under the tree frog section which we are in, prepare a medicine cabinet and supplies that might be useful to look at for the future and might help others too if they havent seen it.I didnt know there was so much stuff a frog would need myself that you could do at home for care, but of course vet care sometimes is the best if you can get it.

Frogger00

Default Help!!! Very weak white"s tree frog!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StickyFrogfeet View Post
    sorry for your loss =( you should keep some stuff on hand too there is a topic under the tree frog section which we are in, prepare a medicine cabinet and supplies that might be useful to look at for the future and might help others too if they havent seen it.I didnt know there was so much stuff a frog would need myself that you could do at home for care, but of course vet care sometimes is the best if you can get it.
    Getting a good amphibian vet can be really hard, especially since these frogs are such complex animals. So unfortunate about your frog, btw. I hope your other frogs are doing good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss��

Thread Information