Thread: LillyPad edema update

Nationality
    [Canada]

Unhappy LillyPad edema update

I am very sad to say that my lillypad has passed away. I went to dig her up tonight to check on her since she has been off her meds now for a few days and she was gone. My daughters and I are pretty upset because she was the first frog we ever got. She is in a safe place till the spring and we will bury her in back with timbit are pet hamster that passed a couple years ago. I knew the edema would eventually do this I just thought and hoped she would have lasted longer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ataraxia

Default Re: LillyPad edema update

Sorry to hear.

I read briefly through your other thread on her. If you dont mind me giving a possiblity. Beside a genetic defect. "Typically" kidney failure in animals is from one of two things. Obesity (high fat items) and/or over supplementing Vitamin D3. These frogs are forest floor dwellers and dont have a high demand for VitD as compared to a animal like a bearded dragon. When we supplement a preformed version of this via D3. The body sees this version and starts absorbing it with abandon. Chronically, this leads to excess amounts stored in the kidneys/liver eventually causing failure.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thankyou, I got her back in August and she always had problems. She was only ever fed crickets and nightcrawlers and the odd hornworm every couple weeks as a treat, and these were never to big because she had always had digestion problems. So I don't think it was due to much fat items and I really don't think it was the vitamins because its not like it gave to her everyday. I believe she was sick when I got her and it slowly took her. She ate good but always needed honey baths to help her go, and she was brought to a vet were a lot of these things were ruled out.

Nationality
    [United States]

Sorry to hear about LillyPad. It is always sad when we lose a four legged member of the family.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya it sucks, I new it would eventually happen. Still got my baby albino Groot and I didnt get him from the same store. He actually is way more active and alert then lillypad ever was, I feel so bad for her.

Snow

Sorry to hear that, its always sad to lose a cute pacman. I hope you feel better and enjoy groot!!

Thread Information