Thread: Can anyone tell me how old my dumpy frogs are??

linds

Default Can anyone tell me how old my dumpy frogs are??

So I got my dumpy frogs a month ago... cheech is a bit bigger (and I think is a femail because she doesn't sing) and Tommy Chongs body is about an inch long (not including legs) so from nose to butt ... Tommy has just started singing about a week ago and I was very excited becouse I wanted a singing frog.... so could anyone tell me an aproximate age going by size and age that they start to sing thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's a toughie, especially with white's. They can grow really fast or really slow as froglets, depending on their care. My guess though, would be it is about 6 months out of the water, give or take a few months.

Congrats on your new froggies!! You should share pics so everyone can see them! We LOVE pics!!

Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

linds

Default Re: Can anyone tell me how old my dumpy frogs are??

Thank you for your input ... cause I have no idea, I've done so much reading on them before and since I've gotten them and I cant figure. Out how to aproximate their age, I know they are juveniles ... but yes I am living the he'll outta them ... I love that I can handle them ocationaly and hand feed them to show them off to friends and family, I'm actualy excited tonight I'm giving them a treat and switching dinner up ... they have onot ever had gut loaded crickets with calcium and vitamin d... but i went out today a bought a couple of meal worms just to see if they like them

linds

As for pics tho I can't seem to figure out how to load them on here I have tons

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I have read online from multiple sources that males don't usually call before a year. But lots of things read online can often be false so maybe ur lil guy is younger if he's that small. And I agree try and post a picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stephanie

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snappi13 View Post
    I have read online from multiple sources that males don't usually call before a year. But lots of things read online can often be false so maybe ur lil guy is younger if he's that small. And I agree try and post a picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I heard that they can start calling at 9-months, but I think my first croaker was younger then that, maybe 6 months like Bill was saying for Linds WTF.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

8. This member thanks irThumper for this post:

linds

... it won't seem to ley me upload to this site for some reason :/

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

That's odd. Do you have some firewall or security thing set up that could be blocking it?
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny

linds

No nothing ... I press upload and it just does nothing :/ but I do have another question .... I have a 45 gallon planted tank where my 2 whites live I have Cheech who iS brown and Tommy Chong who is green (he's the one who sings) anyway I have fallen in love with another wtf (turquouse) I was just wondering if cheech and Tommy would bother him /her becouse he/she is a bit smaller then the 2 of them... I wouldn't wanna see my frogs picking on or trying to eat the new one it wouldn't be fare to anyone... Also will I have to upgrade my tank in a couple months become of my new Addition?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

You will need to quarantine the new frog in a plain 5 or 10 gallon tank (how big is he/she?) for at least 30 days- bare minimum, and I highly recommend getting a fecal test done to make sure you aren't dealing with parasites that can be transmitted to your new frogs.

Hmm, well I've heard the genral rule of thumb is 20 gallons for the first frog and 10 for each additional, so given that your tank theoretically should work. Is it a tall, like an Exo-Terra, or a standard aquarium?

Don't know on the picture thing, maybe a mod can help....??
    Mom to these fine frogs!

linds

Ok so this just went from a 100 dollar froggie to about 200 ishhaha (having to get the new tank and what not... are there any ways to could check the froggie out myself? Any tell tail signs? I don't have a vet that deals with frogs anywhere close and I don't like to travel my frogs but I will if I have to (if I notice anything wrong) And yes about the tank I have a 45 gallon tall ... but the new froggie will have to stay in a 15 gallon standard (fish tank) with a mesh lid until he can join his brothers becouse I just dropped over 300 on cheech and Tommys tank sk I've gotta go a bit cheaper on the temporary tank...I can't tell you why but I need this little guy I just fell in love!I'd say Tommy and cheech are about 1.5-2 inches nose to butt and the new guy is about an inch nose to butt (do you think they'll think he's dinner?) Or should they take him in well when he moves to their home?

linds

Also should the fact that he's Australian and my other ones aren't mater?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Hey! I just saw your post on White's Tree Frog lovers! (I'm "ML Richardson" on there, by the way)
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by linds View Post
    Also should the fact that he's Australian and my other ones aren't mater?
    Nope, that's fine, all the same species, just different regions. Need to make sure everyone is healthy and about the same size. Don't want littler frogs harassed or bullied off food or worse yet eaten by bigger frogs!
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Thread Information