Thread: pics of my acfs i still not sure what genders they are but they def are growing

punky1991

Default pics of my acfs i still not sure what genders they are but they def are growing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

punky1991

Default Re: pics of my acfs i still not sure what genders they are but they def are growing

The first 2 pics are of my bigger one and the next 2 are my smaller one then the last picture is them together. What do you think
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: pics of my acfs i still not sure what genders they are but they def are growing

Not sure by the pictures but here is how you tell
    Male-
    Nupial pads
    Female-
    Cloaca

Male
    Female

but yours might not be old enough to tell so you may have to wait for them to mature.

punky1991

Yes so excited someone replied thank you so much! I just got them as froglets towards end of October. I'm completely new in keeping them so was hoping someone would comment on how they look. I've been trying to feed them a variety they eat reptomin, shrimp pellets, hermet crab food which is whole shrimp, krill, and crickets

Nationality
    [United States]

they do look good and their is great as well. Also if you ever want to feed live food for any reason stay away from goldfish and go with guppies but you do need to quarantine both anyways to make sure there are no parasites or disease. But you can also feed them earthworms,and wax worms. But wax worms don't feed to often because some have found their animals to become addicted almost. The earthworms though can be great as long as the frogs like them. For example my male would strike in the beginning but now he just goes to the other side of the tank. But my female as soon as one hit the water she is there. I do this every so often because i have an axolotl that eats them to so i use it as a treat but really as long as they accept them you could even use earthworms or trout worms as staple diets. But i don't because i personally rinse the dirt off and its some what time consuming for me.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It takes about 9 months for a female to become sexually active and a year for a male. Your frogs are looking good and healthy. One of the most important things to remember about keeping these frogs is to make sure the water is clean and at the proper temperature (between 68-72 degrees (F). Temperatures above 80(F) can be fatal. As far as feeding goes, these frogs will just about eat anything that doesn't eat them first Many will eat prepared foods like Tetra's Repto-Min. In fact, all my ACFs eat Repto-Min exclusively. I do have a problem feeding live fish (my opinion) and absolutely no freeze-dried foods for ACFs and ADFs because it causes bloating.
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

punky1991

Thanks glad they look healthy I got them end of October they were both same size about quarter size the one is growing faster. I want to try earthworms do you think there big enough

CJP32

I usually feed my frogs nightcrawlers from walmart but they will also eat European nightcrawlers aka Super red worms which are also available at wm. The euros are smaller and might be easier to feed unless you cut the nightcrawlers up. Mine go crazy for worms and often get into a tug of war over them. I occasionally add ghost shrimp to the tank as well. The frogs eventually pick them off but they do some cleaning too.

Thread Information