Thread: Pacman frog

Callamwade

Default Pacman frog

Hi guys I was just wondering how long do baby Cranwellies horned frog take to reach full size I have a male albino who is month an a half old and 1" feeding on pinhead crickets an mini mealworms dusted daily with Exo terra calcium with d3 an a nice sized normal female shes about 3" feeding on the occasional pinkie large locust an large crickets dusted as well I have them both in a exoterra 18" 18" 18"

ps: is it true that thay can get as wide as thay get long an
    is it normal for them to go off food A couple of days after and before thay she's there skin??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pacman frog

idk about all pacs, but mine has never gone off food because of shedding.

Can you post a picture of the male? Pinhead crickets just sounds too small for even the youngest frogs I've ever seen sold.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Nationality
    [United States]

My pacman seems to prefer larger meals every couple of days as opposed to feeding everyday. The longest it has gone off eating for was four days

Nationality
    [Canada]

Yes they can get big, I don't know if they get exactly as wide as long but if you go look at some pictures of full grown pacmans some of them do look that way. And im not positive if shedding would affect there appetite. I know I have seen my girl shed and eat it then eat a full nightcrawler the same night. I noticed u said u had them in a 18x18x18 exo terra tank. There not in the same tank are they? If so I would get the little one out of there and in his own enclosure. Having 2 in the same tank is big no no, the bigger one will eventually try to try eat the smaller one, and if he cant fit it down the hatch it will end up hurting the smaller one more then likely. And if they stopped eating or one has that's probably why, they are stressing each other out and it wont be good in the end for one of them. And if there not in the same enclosure disregard what I just said.
    Last edited by monster; December 27th, 2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Callamwade View Post
    Hi guys I was just wondering how long do baby Cranwellies horned frog take to reach full size I have a male albino who is month an a half old and 1" feeding on pinhead crickets an mini mealworms dusted daily with Exo terra calcium with d3 an a nice sized normal female shes about 3" feeding on the occasional pinkie large locust an large crickets dusted as well I have them both in a exoterra 18" 18" 18"

ps: is it true that thay can get as wide as thay get long an
    is it normal for them to go off food A couple of days after and before thay she's there skin??
    Proper housed, proper supplemented, proper food they grow pretty fast. At 6 months most are almost adult size.

you don't feed properly.
    Supplements - 2xweek ca/vit d3, once a week on a different day - multivitamins.
    food - forget about pinhead crickets and mealworms. Mealworms are bad food for them, fattening and high in chitin. Pinhead crickets are too small for 1", he can easily eat 2-3 week crickets or smalll cut pieces of a nightcrawler.

i really hope im reading it wrong and you are not housing them together and a baby is in appropriately sized small tank and you are not using uvb or bright light of any sorts for albino
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Callamwade

Ok thanks I will change the dusting sedule thay told me In the shop I shud dust daily don't worry thay are in separate tanks if that tank is to big for the baby what size shud I use if I use a tub how do I keep it heated rightly I never used a tub for my bigger girl an she is nice an healthy I got her when she was a bit bigger Than lil albino an I am not used to owning newly metamorfed frog an I don't use uv on my albino can she handle standed size crickets

Nationality
    [Canada]

The baby u could probably buy a little 5 gallon at an aquarium store for like 10 bucks. I bought a a brand new 20 gallon at Big Als in the summer and it was only $29.00. Im not sure about heating the tub because ive never used one.

Thread Information