Thread: Croaking, mating season

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Croaking, mating season

Mating season for WTFS is early December, right? Well, Spike croaked all through that time, but now he has stopped.

Also, do your females do little croaks? Betty will do tiny little squeaks and noises when she is annoyed.

Do males ever stop croaking at any time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Croaking, mating season

Honey has his thumb pads but he isn't constantly going off in the croak department, although I do think he was replying more when sHEila was still around and sounding off :/ Jelly is starting to croak more now but it's really hard to hear him because he's just a lil guy (can't hear him at all if he croaks at the same exact time as Honey). My guess is if we had more storm systems here we'd maybe hear more croaking. We get a lot of rain, but they don't croak constantly through it or anything. sHEila used to croak when I misted him but Honey and Jelly don't for some reason, they don't reply to me when I try to get them to go either, the way sHEila did (*sniff*).
    Last edited by irThumper; December 28th, 2014 at 12:37 AM.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by irThumper View Post
    Honey has his thumb pads but he isn't constantly going off in the croak department, although I do think he was replying more when sHEila was still around and sounding off :/ Jelly is starting to croak more now but it's really hard to hear him because he's just a lil guy (can't hear him at all if he croaks at the same exact time as Honey). My guess is if we had more storm systems here we'd maybe hear more croaking. We get a lot of rain, but they don't croak constantly through it or anything. sHEila just to croak when I misted him but Honey and Jelly don't for some reason, they don't reply to me when I try to get them to go either, the way sHEila did (*sniff*).
    Thanks for your response okay just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong, he did croak again a couple nights ago. I believe you have posted it before, but there was a picture of one of your frogs' thumb pads, showing the difference between female and male. Could you please attach that photo again?

Do your females ever make any noise? Oh and that's really too bad about sHEila, seemed like a wonderful frog.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogfeet123 View Post
    Thanks for your response okay just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong, he did croak again a couple nights ago. I believe you have posted it before, but there was a picture of one of your frogs' thumb pads, showing the difference between female and male. Could you please attach that photo again?

Do your females ever make any noise? Oh and that's really too bad about sHEila, seemed like a wonderful frog.

Thanks, he was a great guy. In fact he's the one who gave me my first thumb pad photo op
    Attachment 76612

Shirley has made a variety of odd noises, including some weaker croaks one time when she was trying to hunt and sHEila and I were conversing... I think she was telling us off, lol. Martha has also told us off when she's gone into her cocohut for the daytime and we've been talking too loud to suit her... you hear two to four grumbly kwark-kwark-kwarks and that's it The boys in general croak much louder and go for longer.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Pics showing Honey's thumb pads (lower base of thumb)

Name:  DSC01374.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  135.7 KBName:  Honey-Lime Thumb Patch 11-14-2014.png
Views: 72
Size:  180.9 KB
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Pics showing Honey's thumb pads (lower base of thumb)

Name:  DSC01374.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  135.7 KBName:  Honey-Lime Thumb Patch 11-14-2014.png
Views: 72
Size:  180.9 KB
    Wow they really darken! Haven't seen it on spike yet. Hehe yes the females do seem to get a bit sassy once I was apparently spraying he cage too much for Betty's liking and she told me! Lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I love how different these guys personalities are People who don't think frogs have personality don't know frogs, lol
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Banned
    Nationality
    [Canada]

I love how different these guys personalities are People who don't think frogs have personality don't know frogs, lol
    I know, it's hilarious!

Thread Information