Thread: Toad Breeding

Default Toad Breeding

Hi, I have two american toads (Bufo americanus) and i'm looking to breeding them. I need more info on how. I've breed many of reptiles such as turtles,Dendrobates benedicta,leopard geckos etc. But its been hard trying to breed my american toads. I'm positive ones a male and ones a female because when i grab the male by the side it chirps but the female doesn't. They are in a 20 gallon tank with a hide and a large bowl with water and gravel. I've tried many ways on breeding them but its hasn't been working. Please reply with more tips. Oh yeah, i'm also willing to buy more american toads if you have any for sale or giving away. Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Toad Breeding

I don't have much information on the subject but i will tell you what i know.

The toads need to go through a slowing down period. The temperature must drop and they will eat less. In the spring they will become active again and thats when the "rains" begin. If you are lucky they will lay eggs.

Make sure that all toads are mature and strong enough to be cycled so they have the best chance to survive.

Of course, this was very vague but hopefully someone with more information/experience will chime in

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Toad Breeding

Hey!

First off, gravel may not be the best idea. The toads, when they eat, may eat the gravel. This could be the reason they are holding back. Spring is the normal time for mating. The temperature is very important two. They will most likely start the process at night, but in rare cases it could be in the afternoon. This is my info, someone else, feel free to tag on!

This is my "Welcoming myself back to frog forum" post. Thanks! I hope we can get past the *incident* that happened, I am sorry if my info may of been a little off. Sorry!

Austin
    Please visit my site at www.byebyequestions.wordpress.com

Please friend me.

Please "like" my post.

Take care of God's creations.

My profile picture was a fund raiser, I do not get my nails done.

My toads-Beth, Lily, and Princess.

My Rabbit-Speckals

Thread Information