Thread: injured whites tree frog(Litoria caerulea)

POyoyo

Default injured whites tree frog(Litoria caerulea)

i really need help , my whites frog got its front leg broken while i was away,apparently my lil brother accidently close the door on frog's front leg.PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE IM ONLY 14 AND IM TAKING CARE OF MY INDEPENDENTLY . ps I made a bed for my frog out of wet paper towel since it cannot perch for the mean time
    Name:  frog.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  107.9 KBName:  bed.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  67.6 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default injured whites tree frog(Litoria caerulea)

Oh no poor buddy. I'm not an expert, but I've dealt with a few injured frogs. Do you have a quarantine tank you could put her in? Put damp (not soaking wet) plain paper towels on the bottom, a soaking dish, and a hide. Cover 3 sides of the tank, that will help ease some of her stress. For the frog I found, her legs were severely injured so I ended up having to tong/hand feed her so she didn't move around too much.

Is there any broken skin? And can you maybe get a more clear picture of the leg? Frogs are pretty resilient so your main goal now is to make sure she's comfortable so she can heal.

I hope that helps, I don't own any whites, but this is pretty standard for most frogs. Good luck to you and your buddy!

POyoyo

Default Re: injured whites tree frog(Litoria caerulea)

Thanks for the help the i really apreciate it . The injured leg of my frog has a slight discoloration and and a bit swollen. i do have a spare tank but its really small, do you think it will work ?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hello and welcome to FF ! Sorry about the frog's leg . Can you take frog to herp veterinary for x-ray to figure out what is damage? Can't advice if your spare tank is too small without it's measurements. Make sure frog's food is supplemented with CA/D3; it needs it for healing possible fracture.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

POyoyo

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Hello and welcome to FF ! Sorry about the frog's leg . Can you take frog to herp veterinary for x-ray to figure out what is damage? Can't advice if your spare tank is too small without it's measurements. Make sure frog's food is supplemented with CA/D3; it needs it for healing possible fracture.
    thanks, you know,i always thought that fractures cant be healed.Anyways , my buds using has started climbing again,but he limps everytime he walks .for my tank its those kind where you put bugs in .im sorry i dont have measurement either

POyoyo

Talking Re: injured whites tree frog(Litoria caerulea)

status update: the vet said that the fracture was quite servere , but it most likely will heal in three weeks time

Thread Information