Aleksis, one of my firebelly toads, has been acting extremely skittish as of the last three months. He also lost weight rapidly in the last month, and although he regained it a week ago thanks to a waxworm or two, he's acting extremely skittish. Although he's eating fine, over the last two days he's done nothing but hide behind the filter, which has prompted me to put him in a quarantine tank.

Frankly, I don't know what's wrong with him - before he began acting weird he acted and looked healthy. He was the alpha male of the tank, and was very bulky. Apart from the introduction of two more toads, separately with quarantine periods, I don't know what has changed although the water quality has decreased, for some reason the water's become more and more cloudier which I've been doing constant water changes to fix. Actually, for some reason after Saturday night the water got really cloudy and I had to increase the amount of water changes I've been doing, which has not made a huge dent in it. Could this be related to the problem?

On a sidenote, his original Tank Mate, Sasha, is fine, as are the other toads. The other three eat and act normally, and receive 3-5 feedings a week, 4 crickets each. 1 feeding is Calcium Dusted with Vitamin D3, another Multivitamin Dusted.

Could he have a bacterial infection? Parasites, maybe? Physically, nothing has really changed apart from coloration. And his body feels a little less firm now. What could be going on? I'll try and get a fecal exam done ASAP.

Posted about this before, here's the previous thread. It's got a little bit more info:
http://www.frogforum.net/fire-belly-...d-trouble.html