Thread: Saki-HikariTurtle Food?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Saki-HikariTurtle Food?

Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that my ACF seems to be missing some toenails (claws are white), and I read that can indicate calcium deficiency. I recently bought some Saki-Hikari turtle food for my sliders, and it has lots of calcium, as well as helpful gut bacteria. Is it okay if I share some of the Hikari food with the frog, like people do with Reptomin (her current staple)?

Here is the ingredient list for the Saki-Hikari diet:
    Fish meal, wheat flour, dried bakery product, soybean meal, brewers dried yeast, wheat germ meal, flaked corn, hydrolyzed vegetable sucrose polyesters, dried seaweed meal, rice bran, DL-methionine, rosemary oil, thyme oil, oregano oil, cinnamon bark oil, garlic, dried green tea leaves, dried B. subtilis fermentation product, astaxanthin, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), inositol, D-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), folic acid, vitamin D₃ supplement, biotin, disodium phosphate, calcium carbonate, calcium lactate, ferrous sulfate, magnesium sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, cobalt sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, selenium yeast.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Saki-HikariTurtle Food?

Have no idea if turtle food is good for frogs. Myself would use not dyed night crawlers (from Walmart or local bait shop) for frog's diet. Rinse worms in a bit of tank's water, pat dry them with white paper towel, and dust them on Repashy's Calcium Plus. Then let worm exude slime in response for 10 seconds and some dust will remain adhered to worms even when dropped in front of frog in the water. My Budgett is fed like that since a baby, is growing well and is healthy .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Saki-HikariTurtle Food?

Thank you for the advice! I'll see if I can get some worms. Do you think that would help with the nail issue, too?

Thread Information