Thread: ACF in Brooklyn

Lordpet

Default ACF in Brooklyn

Hello

I've got a ACF named Stretchy in a 20 gallon tank out in rustic Brooklyn NY. He's got a nice plant and some wood as company. I also have a 29 gallon tall fish tank, will be upgrading the fish to a 55 gallon tank. Would the 29 gallon be good for Stretchy?

Any thoughts on keeping some fish with Stretchy?

cheers

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ACF in Brooklyn

Hello Lordpet, Welcome to FF, if this your first frog I would just share it with frogs of the same kind until you find the right fish that would suit him and not harmful.Wish you good luck with Stretchy.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries

if stretchy is not that big you won't need 50 gallons unless he is sharing with it with a whole bunch of other species. Feel free to do 50 gallons if you want that.

Lordpet

Hello, thanks for response. Just to be clear, the 55 gallon is for the fish, thinking of throwing the ACF in the 29 tall. I m wondering if the height of the 29 gallon is suitable or not.

cheers

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries

Oh, okay, that's what you mean, sounds okay to me. I'm not so sure what you mean about "29 tall". Is that inches or gallons or is it just an aproximate going along with 29 gallons. Whatever you mean he will be fine, i think, so don't worry about that. And I'm assuming you have a lid on top that aquarrium.

Lordpet

29 gallon tall is 18" tall, as opposed to 12" like he has now. I don't think the extra height would really be a big deal, but checking anyway.

a lid is a must. The crazy frog almost killed himself getting out, although I think that was due to ammonia level too high. Since then I make sure the water is in good condition and have also sealed any possible exits.

With the fish, if he eats a couple, so be it. I just don't want him getting hurt. ideally I'd like to have a nice tank with a couple more real plants and some fish that He leaves alone. I was considering getting him a female friend, but the eating of the tadpoles would be grim. as he's never had a tank mate, I'm not sure how he'd get along with another male.

cheers

Tongue Flicker

Hey there welcome aboard!

I've kept ACFs with medium-sized worm-like loaches (Okay fine it was weather loaches), swordtails and a couple small angelfishes for years without any problems. You'll even see that the frogs enjoy the slimy presence of the loaches while resting and is fun to watch during feeding time. (Note that the frog may seem to 'eat' the fishes during feeding time in which case they realize it isn't the food they were after) no harm was done and some of my swordtails even thrived from fry to adulthood without gettin eaten

Thread Information