Thread: Eating substrate

StickySally

Default Eating substrate

I think Sally may have swallowed her substrate accidentally. She started making popping/clicking noises like I mentioned before. And then I watched her for about half an hour. Her breathing was really fast and then slow. She peed and pooed and her breathing became normal. Has anyone ever had their frog swallow substrate? Do you think this is what caused the popping/clicking noises?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Eating substrate

Would not worry about it as long as substrate is correct type (i.e. shredded coco or ABG soil).
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [Canada]

I agree with Mentat.

Tho.. when i first got Gigs, i had tge coco substrate and he accidentally ingested some and ut didnt turn out well... he threw up his entire supper (two crickets) and some yucky gooey dead stuff mixed with the substrate and started a shedding and couldnt finish it properly.. all that at the same time and i jyst happened to have a look at him at the same time..

I changed the substrate to carpet and i dont feed him in his main tank anymore either.. thats just me. Worried too much. Lol

To my opinion, if you have any kind of "loose" substrate, proper or not, id feed them in another tank so the risk of ingestion isnt there.

Good luck

PS.. for the weird sounds.. ill be honnest i have no clue. Never heard of a clickibg sound coming oyt of a frog other than a "bone crack" lol

StickySally

Default Eating substrate

Quote Originally Posted by MariePey View Post
    I agree with Mentat.

Tho.. when i first got Gigs, i had tge coco substrate and he accidentally ingested some and ut didnt turn out well... he threw up his entire supper (two crickets) and some yucky gooey dead stuff mixed with the substrate and started a shedding and couldnt finish it properly.. all that at the same time and i jyst happened to have a look at him at the same time..

I changed the substrate to carpet and i dont feed him in his main tank anymore either.. thats just me. Worried too much. Lol

To my opinion, if you have any kind of "loose" substrate, proper or not, id feed them in another tank so the risk of ingestion isnt there.

Good luck

PS.. for the weird sounds.. ill be honnest i have no clue. Never heard of a clickibg sound coming oyt of a frog other than a "bone crack" lol
    It sounded like she was trying to croak.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Could be very possible!

Any possibility she might of had issues with her shedding and it just made her uncomfortable?

Or maybe even just something going down the wrong way? Too big of a cricket?

StickySally

Default Eating substrate

Don't think so. She has always shed lots and never had problems. Although after she made those noises she did shed. So that may be possible.

Thread Information