Thread: Cruziohyla craspedopus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cruziohyla craspedopus

Hi,

I am curious how active Cruziohyla craspedopus is. Is it an active frog or a lazy one just sitting around?

...and with which age/size do they reach sexual maturity?

kind regards,
    Martin

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Cruziohyla craspedopus

Didn't know what kind of frog that was so looked them up... after seeing the price I still can't answer your questions, I was too busy blacking out from the shock! (Awesome frogs though... lol)
    Fringe Treefrog- Cruziohyla craspedopus - Juvenile

Found this, hope it helps!
    http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/tree-frogs/93913-cruziohyla-craspedopus.html

Cruziohyla craspedopus - The World of Frogs

Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Hi Martin,

I currently keep a group of 5 sub adult craspedopus in a terrarium of 100x70x70 cm. They are by far my favourite species I have kept so far. Not only because of their beautiful appearance, but also because of their behaviour.
    Their behaviour seems like a combination of Agalychnis and Phyllomedusa species. At night they move around quite a lot, in a way that resembles that of many phyllomedusa species: slowly walking over branches. But they also can make quite large jumps.
    They are 11-12 months now and I'm starting to see the first signs of territorial behaviour (leaf shaking) just like C. calcarifer does. I haven't heard their call yet, but I suppose it still will take a couple of months before they will be sexually mature. I expect the females to take around a year and a half before they will be ready to reproduce. I keep my fingers crossed and hope to have at least one female in a group of 5!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Ahh! One of my dream frogs Like most all tree frogs, it's going to be nocturnal so during the day it will probably just 'sit around.' Of you want a more active daytime frog, you will have to go away from tree frogs completely.

Furcifer, you will have to share some pics! Especially if you get some breeding going.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Hi Raf,

thank your for your reply. Your animals resp. that you mentioned in an eMail to me that yours are very active are the reason why I have asked here. Mine are very lazy. I rarely see them moving. From time to time I see them sitting in the water bowl, but most time they are just sitting on a leafe sleeping. But feeder insects disappear over night - so they have to be active somewhere in the night. => IMHO a very boring/annoying species resp. my specimens!

How large are yours currently?

kind regards,
    Martin

They currently have a SVL of 59-65 mm. I will post some pictures when I have some time to take some decent ones.

Here a picture of one of my Cruziohyla craspedopus:

Thread Information