Thread: How long before u dig up a buried pacman frog

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default How long before u dig up a buried pacman frog

Good evening, hope everyone is well. So my pacman frog keeps burying herself after she eats, which from what I read could be due to the weather changing. I will dig her up at night she will eat a nice big nitecrawler, and she will stay up till morning then she goes back under. So I guess my question is I have been digging her up every 3 days to feed her and she always takes the food. Should I give her more time to see if she comes up or is that long enough? I was going to dig her up tonight and the last time she ate was Saturday, and she ate 2 other times last week. I got her in august and she is about 2 3/4 inches long. I don't want to bug her if I don't have to.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: How long before u dig up a buried pacman frog

If mine goes under I usually wait a day or two and then dig her up to feed her. She's never seemed too bothered by it. If she's still eating for you once you dig her out she's probably not too stressed by it.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    Good evening, hope everyone is well. So my pacman frog keeps burying herself after she eats, which from what I read could be due to the weather changing. I will dig her up at night she will eat a nice big nitecrawler, and she will stay up till morning then she goes back under. So I guess my question is I have been digging her up every 3 days to feed her and she always takes the food. Should I give her more time to see if she comes up or is that long enough? I was going to dig her up tonight and the last time she ate was Saturday, and she ate 2 other times last week. I got her in august and she is about 2 3/4 inches long. I don't want to bug her if I don't have to.
    Your routine is fine. If the frog eats it is not stressed.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Thanks again for the advice, it always greatly appreciated. Is anyone else haveing problems uploading pics. I keep trying to put some on here for u guys to see but it wont seem to work. Keeps telling me its a problem on the forums end. Is it just my computer or have others been haveing the same problem

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

FROG does the same thing. I dig him out every so often and feed him dusted crickets. He seems to be ok. Next month I will have had him for a year.

Nationality
    [United States]

Dude mine does the exact same thing. Im glad you posted this question because I was about to ask the same thing. Good to know this seems like a normal behaviour

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya I believe its due to the weather changing, im not an expert or anything but that's when she started doing it. Probaly for about the last month, and in the summer she would only bury herself half way so I could still see her. Little bugger, I dug her up lastnight to feed and she must not of been to be happy with me. Because this morning before she decided to bury herself again she thought it would be funny to plop her but beside her water dish I just changed and plow a bunch of coco fibre into it. She then hopped over to her favorite spot and buried herself. LO.L And im glad my question could helped you out Hydromaestro.

Nationality
    [United States]

Haha yea it definitely helped me out its funny how frogs can have thier own personalities and attitudes lol sounds like she wanted to get back at you for disturbing her I think thats hilarious lol

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya I know, it is amazing how they have there different personalties. And when I think of it I probably would want some revenge if I was sleeping and then someone ripped my covers off then started pokeing at me to get out of bed. I imagine that's what it feels like for her. L.O.L She actually comes out pretty easy, little nudge under the cocofibre so she can feel it after I dig and can see her, and she almost always climbs out herself.

Nationality
    [United States]

Mine I have to dig her out and I feed her in a separate container she's not feisty like my new one she's a rip tries to climb out whenever I open her tub and if my hand is near she tries to eat my finger. Here they are together but I house in separate containers just did this for picture there same size and well fed

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information