Thread: Packman croaking and feeding questions.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Packman croaking and feeding questions.

Hi All,

I posted my emergency thread about 2 weeks ago asking about our new Pacman buried and not eating. I set all equipments by following all of the replies and our Pecky the Packman seems to be comfortable in the tank now.

Last night about 7pm, he croaked once (my son and I heard it and we both thought that was frog croaking) and tonight he did it again for about 7 times around the same time. Does this croaking help us to find out his age? When we bought him at Patsmart, they didn't give us the age info.

If if he is older than we think like 7-8months old, he might be small for his age. He is just about 3in or a bit less when I measured it.

As I saw there are couple of crickets left in the tank in the morning When I fed him everyday I decided to feed him every other day from last week.

Here re is the last weeks menu:
    Mon: calcium powdered baby/young crickets and he ate 5 at night
    Wed: multivitamin powdered small size night crawlers 3 of them from tong plus 5 crickets
    Fri: calcium powdered night crawlers 3 of them plus 5 crickets

should I feed him everyday? Last 2 weeks, he had twice stool sized 2/3 pinky. There was no smell at all. He was so smart to move himself after he pooped in his hole.

Any advice is appreciated!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Packman croaking and feeding questions.

Glad frog is doing well. Crickets should be sized same as distance between frog's eyes or slightly smaller. Do remove them from enclosure if uneaten next morning. Myself would feed a 3 in. SVL pacman every two days. Main food should be night crawlers and at his size frog can take whole one's.

Sometimes pacmans scratch tha glass bottom while burying and owners think they are calling. Recommend check out YouTube calling video's to ensure it was a call.

Only additional thing would do is have a herp vet or internet lab conduct a fecal test for parasites. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Congrats, if he is calling he is doing good. I don't think its a great indicator of age, mine all started pretty young. It's also fun to croak back at them and hear them try to outcall you. I've also found they like to chime in once in a while if you are having a conversation within their earshot.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Glad frog is doing well. Crickets should be sized same as distance between frog's eyes or slightly smaller. Do remove them from enclosure if uneaten next morning. Myself would feed a 3 in. SVL pacman every two days. Main food should be night crawlers and at his size frog can take whole one's.

Sometimes pacmans scratch tha glass bottom while burying and owners think they are calling. Recommend check out YouTube calling video's to ensure it was a call.

Only additional thing would do is have a herp vet or internet lab conduct a fecal test for parasites. Good luck !
    Hi Carlos,
    Thank you for your reply! Noted about the might crawlers for the main food. Just to clarify- Is there any indication of him having had a parasite? Non-smell stool?

About croaking, I think it was a frog call. I was kind of afar in the dining room connected to the sun room where he is in. If he seems doing well, it doesn't actually matter if it was or not, I just wanted to make sure he is eating enough.

One more thing- I think I have to clean his entire tank this week by changing substrate and wash other decoration/practical things. Do you suggest to wake him up to do it? Most of the day time, he is resting with half eye open. I could tell he is awake in the evening to might because of his googly wide open eyes. How about bath? Last time I gave him a bath, he certainly got in better mood.

Thanks!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Thevacantface View Post
    Congrats, if he is calling he is doing good. I don't think its a great indicator of age, mine all started pretty young. It's also fun to croak back at them and hear them try to outcall you. I've also found they like to chime in once in a while if you are having a conversation within their earshot.
    Hi!

Thanks for your post! And thanks for your info of calling wouldn't be an indicator of age- it is good to know. When my husband and son got Pecky at Petsmart, they didn't give a great instruction nor information about him so I wanted to make sure he is eating enough. Suppose the croaking was the real one, I am glad to hear he is doing well!!!

Thread Information