Thread: Update on Mr. Smith

MrSmith

Default Update on Mr. Smith

I posted two months ago, concerned about my pacman frog, Mr. Smith. After a move to a different apartment, he seemed extremely stressed out and refused to eat.

Since following the advice on here (and letting him relax from all the stress of moving), he seems to be doing really well again. Although I've tried feeding him live food multiple times, it seems he's most used to the powder I've ordered from Japan, so I've been sticking to to feeding him that twice a week. While I would like to be able to give him a more diverse diet, as long as he's eating and healthy, I'm happy.

I also decided to purchase a ceramic heat emitter along with a dimmer and reptifogger. I also bought him a new, much larger water dish for soaking...although of course he barely uses it in favor of having all but his eyes poking out of the substrate. I also decided to get a digital thermometer/hygrometer.
    To top it all off, I bought a pet cam, so my long-distance boyfriend could check up on him whenever he wanted. The picture added is from that.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for their help! It really helped calm me down and think about what I needed to change to make Mr. Smith more comfortable, rather than just panic that he wasn't eating.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  33.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

sjboyle

He looks really healthy ... Glad he's settled now

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Re: Update on Mr. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I posted two months ago, concerned about my pacman frog, Mr. Smith. After a move to a different apartment, he seemed extremely stressed out and refused to eat.

Since following the advice on here (and letting him relax from all the stress of moving), he seems to be doing really well again. Although I've tried feeding him live food multiple times, it seems he's most used to the powder I've ordered from Japan, so I've been sticking to to feeding him that twice a week. While I would like to be able to give him a more diverse diet, as long as he's eating and healthy, I'm happy.

I also decided to purchase a ceramic heat emitter along with a dimmer and reptifogger. I also bought him a new, much larger water dish for soaking...although of course he barely uses it in favor of having all but his eyes poking out of the substrate. I also decided to get a digital thermometer/hygrometer.
    To top it all off, I bought a pet cam, so my long-distance boyfriend could check up on him whenever he wanted. The picture added is from that.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for their help! It really helped calm me down and think about what I needed to change to make Mr. Smith more comfortable, rather than just panic that he wasn't eating.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  33.3 KB
    Hi, I use the powdered food, but I mix various insects into the paste. "Squish n mix"

Thread Information