Thread: My first FBTs

froghobbiest

Talking My first FBTs

I am now a proud owner of two fire bellied toads...Im very excited an I will have pics up tomorrow along with the steps I took to make their cage which looks awesome but its just tempoary untill i get a bigger one in two weeks then the real fun begins

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: My first FBTs

Congrats! FBT's were my first frogs as well. They are great fun to watch and easy to care for. Have fun with them. Hope to see some pics of your enclosure soon.

froghobbiest

thanx and they are awesome..After I put them in I gave them some crickets and they really went at them so I dont know when the pet shop fed them last.
    but here they are
    Name:  PICT0093.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  36.4 KB

bshmerlie

You'll find that FBT's always act like their starving. They're just trying to fool you. My two are called Sharkey and Sharkette because they have such a hardy appetite.

froghobbiest

lol I see. I dont know what sex mine are right now. I asked the guy at the store to get a male and female an he was like you cant really tell an im like ive done my research and you should be able to tell but I didnt feel like arguing with him and I really dont like the guy because the first time I went the frigs he gave me was barely moving and before I can get home they were dead and it was like a 100 degrees and he just put a damp paper towel in there with him I was mad because they said since we were in the car and they cant prove it died because of them that it was my fault but I just went on an got two more and told him to add a lil more water but the second pair were more lively then the first so i belive the first two were sick or somethin...

Jace

Congrats on the new additions! These toads can be rather hard to sex, but as long as they are healthy and eating, they will give you many years of enjoyment and entertainment! Just a warning though-they are like Pringles...you can never have just one...or two....or even five. I am up to 9. And counting. Have fun!

froghobbiest

lol i plan on gettin a bigger tank with my next check an really set it up an get more. I want more lol but right now I have a 10 gal tank ill probably get 2 more to. Im just debating should I raise my own food for them or just go buy it an what kind to raise. I been looking at different videos on youtube all mornig an different websites to study. But thanks i really do enjoy them I think I heard one barking earlier so I kno I have a male in there but then again it might have been somethin on the tv

Jace

Mine eat a staple of crickets, which I chose to buy instead of raise. I am not fond of crickets so I buy just what I need for a week. I also give the occassional mealworm treat, but not very often as they are rather high in fat. But I tend to spoil my frogs and toads...I am a bona fide sucker, let me tell you. I recently picked up three more toads myself: Caraway, Basil and Dill, and the last two are males, so my house is vey active at night! It's a great sound-I actually can't sleep unless I hear them.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Im looking forward to photo's froghobbiest. I raise my own Locust and Meal-worms for my frog family. I also have a great fly trap out side.

Jace, When my frogs croak Im lying there straining to hear them over my partner darn snoring. So I dont get much sleep..but that's not the frogs fault.

Jace

Oh, Ebony, I hear you! The snoring drives me nuts, too. We live in a small place, so I think sometimes my spouse has unknown competitions with the frogs on who can be the loudest....

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Lol..Its actually a blessing in disguise as if he didn't drown his own hearing out with his snoring then he may hear the frogs and complain. So put up with it for now.

froghobbiest

Lol awesome I really want to breed mine
    Ebony Ive read alot about feeding but its been some speculation on feeding them locustes so what are your views on that? I also been reading about these roaches called blatta lateralis. I cant decide if I want to breed em or buy em but if i Breed my FBT then ima most likely have to breed their food because thats gon be alot of toads to feed but I just cant decide plus with this "cricket virus" goin around alot of places are running out and the websites are a lil skeptical about sending them because its so hot so its a hard decision..

froghobbiest

after watching a video on youtube on how to tell if you have a male or female FBT I have come to the conclusion that I indeed have both Im so happy now

Thread Information