Thread: A. debilis insidior

Billy

Default A. debilis insidior

Haven't taken any decent pics of my two Western Green Toads, and tonight I actually got some half way decent pictures. They haven't calmed down very much since I got them, and act like two little speed-junkies. Their names are Abbot and Costello, like the 2 comedians from a long time ago. Ok, here goes:

Abbot

Their tank, with both of them(Abbot L/Costello R):

Sorry, they're on the stove. The light hood gives the best conditions for pictures, as my cell phone pics need lots of light to be decent.
    They may be tiny, but their paratoid glands are huge! They are now starting to accept larger food items, and are on small but not tiny turks, mealworms, crickets, and pillbugs.
    They have got to be one of my favorite Bufonids, and really are amazingly pretty animals. They love to sit just inside of their little cave side by side and watch the cat and everyone's activites. You would think they should be asleep by day, but they are active mostly any time(especially when they see the food dish go into the tank.
    Well, thanks for looking. Sorry the second pic is so big.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: A. debilis insidior

Cute little guys. I'd really like to photograph these in the wild.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Cute little guys. I'd really like to photograph these in the wild.
    Yeah, so would I. I've wanted to get these for years, and am very impressed with them, and they give me so much entertainment

Kurt

I have one, had it for a few years now and it has yet to calm down. See my avatar. Just wished I had more..

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    I have one, had it for a few years now and it has yet to calm down. See my avatar. Just wished I had more..
    Great, years?!? lol. Endless entertainment! Glades Herps sells them for cheap, and a lot of them they have/had are females! Why not buy some males and females and breed them? They're priced at around $15.00 apiece!
    I plan to get 1 more male and 2 or 3 females and breed them. I'm gonna eventually have a Bufonid family to enjoy

Thread Information