Thread: Green/White's Tree Frog Help - bloated

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lisa10

Default Green/White's Tree Frog Help - bloated

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and unfortunately my first posting is asking for some advice about my new frogs. I am a first time frog owner but have experience with aquariums.
    I have had my three Green Tree Frogs (also called White's I think) for just over a week. They are all juveniles and about 5cm long.
    I am worried because one of them (Borris) is a bit bloated. He/she looked fine until a couple of days ago it looked like there was a bit of bloating around the belly.

So I did some research and it sounded like it might be having trouble passing a poo. (I stumbled across this forum and found some helpful information in threads - thanks guys). So I have tried soaking/bathing the frog in warm water (dechlorinated) for 20 mins the last 2 days and today. The first time I did it I stupidly bathed all 3 frogs together (as I thought it might be beneficial to the other two as well because I have not found many poos in their tank) and one did a poo - but I don't know which frog it belonged to, silly me. So the next two baths I have bathed them individually, but there has not been any poos passed.

So I am just after some advice for what I should do and if anyone can tell from my photo what might be wrong with my frog. I live in a small town so it isn't possible to take him to a vet that is knowledgeable about frogs.

Some other information that might be helpful is that I don't have gravel as substrate in my tank so that couldn't cause an impaction. I am just wondering if I over-fed them a bit the first few days. I have been feeding small crickets but now I'm worried that a couple of the crickets might have been a teeny bit too large.

I appreciate any input you may have. Let me know if there is more information I need to give. Sorry it is all probably a bit jumbled.

Cheers everyone!
    Lisa
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information