Thread: regarding pacman and pixiefrogs

Callamwade

Default regarding pacman and pixiefrogs

If I have set them up right I am always trying my best to set my frogs right for both frogs I have got them both in two 18"18"18" Exo terra terrium as thAy are babies with a deep lay of coco fiber an large water dish an two heat pads is there any thing else I need for them an how big will the pacman grow and how big will the dwarf african bullfrog grow any advise is grate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: regarding pacman and pixiefrogs

They arent in the same tank are they?

18" cube is a bit big for a baby of either species. You can start with a medium reptile carrier and place it inside the 18" cubes so they don't feel overwhelmed by the large area.

Once they are around 3.5" to 4" they can be released into their main enclosure.

Dwarf Pyxi frogs have been known to get over 5" for males with females a bit smaller.

Pacman frogs depend on sex and species. Females can range from 4.25" to 5.5" in cranwelli and 4.5" to 6" for ornata and joazeirensis.

Males for those species are similar in size to one another usually from 3" to 4". There ard always size variations though so there is no defiinite size I can say yours will be.

4. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Callamwade

Thanks you for input an thay are in a different tanks thay seem to enjoy the tanks especially my lil pixiefrog runs around like crazy mine is a cranwellies horned frog the guys at the store were I got my dudes sed thay can eat mice is this true an shud I feed live or thured mice???and do thay really have teeth ??

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Callamwade View Post
    Thanks you for input an thay are in a different tanks thay seem to enjoy the tanks especially my lil pixiefrog runs around like crazy mine is a cranwellies horned frog the guys at the store were I got my dudes sed thay can eat mice is this true an shud I feed live or thured mice???and do thay really have teeth ??
    If the Pyxi is eating fine and seems comfortable then it will probably fine.

They can eat mice when large enough and it is safer for the frog to feed prekilled thawed mice. Rodents are also very fattening so only offer them once a month. There are various sizes available to buy ranging from pinkies to adult mice. Choose appropriate size for the frog.

Yes they have teeth on their upper jaw and tooth-like boney projections in the center of the lower jaw called odontoids.

Dart girl

Watch your fingers with your pixi. Mine gets so excited at feeding time a couple times I got a bite. The last time she drew blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callamwade

Thanks a bundle and I am feeding medium sized cricket to both don't worry I shall watch my fingurs

Callamwade

What pixiefrog have u got edulis or adsuruses

Dart girl

I believe she is a edulis. She is approximately 2 pound and the size of a cannelop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Callamwade

Awesome how long do thay take to grow mine is about 5 months old an still tiny about 1inch-1.2inch an shud I feed small crickets an worms till she is a bit bigger ?? I will post pictures during the week

Dart girl

My pixi is female so much smaller. She is 3 years old. Males can be double her size. A varied diet is best. Dusted with vitamin and calcium powder. When he gets a little bigger you can feed pinky mice. But do so sparingly. They're fatty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Callamwade

Thanks will do I hope mine is a girl as I called her Henrietta

Quote Originally Posted by Callamwade View Post
    If I have set them up right I am always trying my best to set my frogs right for both frogs I have got them both in two 18"18"18" Exo terra terrium as thAy are babies with a deep lay of coco fiber an large water dish an two heat pads is there any thing else I need for them an how big will the pacman grow and how big will the dwarf african bullfrog grow any advise is grate
    Just be watch full they may like burrowing deeper than that but not usually

Also watch how the pacman eats I had to buy metal tweasers

Callamwade

She's quite food aggressive she nerly took the forceps from my hand it really is Tru thay will eat anythig that moves

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Dart girl View Post
    I believe she is a edulis. She is approximately 2 pound and the size of a cannelop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Post a picture of your female Dart Girl. I've got a feeling she may not be an edulis. Or female. 2 pounds is a very large edulis. Many male Giants in captivity weight that much. As a matter of fact my male Giant who is 7.25" SVL weighs 2.2 pounds.

Thread Information