Thread: Does Shirley Qualify as a Snowflake??

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Question Does Shirley Qualify as a Snowflake??

The only pics I've seen on Sandfire's site were adult and junior super snows and an adult regular snowflake... I know that when they get older WTFs can develop a few bigger white spots like the one in their pic of the regular adult snowflake, and Shirl already has some bigger side spotting along with her scattering of "snowflakes", so any guesses??

Name:  Honey-Lime and Shirley Duo.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  95.7 KB
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Does Shirley Qualify as a Snowflake??

Hello, they showed me several babies that they had available. And they looked very similar to the adults on the amount of white spots.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Hello, they showed me several babies that they had available. And they looked very similar to the adults on the amount of white spots.
    Was that on super snowflakes or reg ones? I noticed on their page that the super snowflake babies have lots of spotting, like the adults, but there was no juvenile regular snowflake pictured and the adult had age spots as well as snowflakes.

I'm wondering if Sandfire sells to Petco on the West Coast, as I was told our PTFs came from Cali... it's unusual that so many of this shipment has little snowflakes all over them, and that that our girl Honey-Lime, who is almost a Honey, was in there with the rest. Could they be selling off the "seconds" to Petco...? The WTF's I've seen other places around here are all either Indo green, Aussie blue-green, or brown without any white spots...
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny

Nationality
    [United States]

It could be possible that they are supplying to petco. I don't believe there is a "normal" snowflake. Unless we're talking about a normal whites.

Nationality
    [United States]

Snowflakes are probably line bred Whites to enhance and increase spotting from selected breeding stock. Contrary to reptile breeders; they are not offering normal type Whites with Snowflake genotypes. Imagine they are selling those and ones with few spots to one of their wholesale buyers as normal Whites, and still make some $ versus culling them .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Snowflakes are probably line bred Whites to enhance and increase spotting from selected breeding stock. Contrary to reptile breeders; they are not offering normal type Whites with Snowflake genotypes. Imagine they are selling those and ones with few spots to one of their wholesale buyers as normal Whites, and still make some $ versus culling them .
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    It could be possible that they are supplying to petco. I don't believe there is a "normal" snowflake. Unless we're talking about a normal whites.
    Have you seen this ad of theirs? It shows the "regular/normal" snowflakes vs the "Super snowflakes" Kingsnake.com Classifieds: Super Snowflake and Snowflake White's Treefrogs
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Nationality
    [United States]

Ah ok. Guess there is.

I don't believe yours is any morph though. Looks like what is commonly seen.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I dunno as I've never seen any but the solid colored ones, I've never even seen a snowflakey one here before
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Thread Information