Thread: ADF wont eat?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default ADF wont eat?

Ive had my African Dwarf Frog for about 6 months now. I started feeding her freeze dried bloodworms, then I switched to pellets. She seemed to be doing fine on pellets. Last night I tried feeding her, but she didn't seem interested in her food at all. I tried the freeze dried blood worms and she wouldn't go for that either. Her behavior seems normal as far as I can tell. She still wanders around her tank and stuff...I have her by herself in a 5.5 Gal tank with plants and décor. The water is slightly chilly (72 degrees F) but other than that everythings fine. Please help, I don't want my little buddy to die.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Doug

Default Re: ADF wont eat?

First, freeze dried bloodworms are risky to feed to ADF as it can cause bloating. Stick with the pellets and frozen bloodworms. How often are you feeding? If the water is cooler than normal, than she may not be as interested.

4. This member thanks Doug for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: ADF wont eat?

Her water has been around 78 degrees lately and she's still not interested. I have been using dip sticks to test ammonia (big mistake there) so I bought the chemical test and it showed my ammonia levels were high so I removed her from the tank and put her in a hospital one for now. She's still not eating. I noticed the tip of her nose is kinda red. I suspect ammonia burns or something? I have been giving her pedialyte baths and trying to feed her something but so far nothing. I switched to frozen blood worms - still not interested. I read to treat ammonia burns they should be put in a hospital tank and water should be treated with anti bacteria stuff so that's what i've been doing, along with some aquarium salt. She seems rather active considering she hasnt eaten in over a week now. she pooped yesterday so I assume she had some sort of nutrition in her...
    I fed her every other day before she stopped eating.

Thread Information