Thread: Lightbulbs, UVB? UVA?

MegSeig

Default Lightbulbs, UVB? UVA?

Hestia, my sick frog, is doing ok, but I think she seems to plateaued in her recovery. She is more active than she was, but not as active as Pele, the healthy one. She is eating fine now. Her right side may still be a tad weak, but she can climb and jump. They are still separated. I've been using the melafix in her water. But that's all. The thing I am concerned about is her eyes. They are black instead of gold. One stays almost closed all the time. Since she can see the crickets to eat, I am assuming she is not blind.

I spoke to a vet about her and he recommended vitamin A powder, which is already in the dust I put on the crickets. He also recommended a bulb with UVB. I do not know if the bulb I have has UVB, but I don't think it does. I use a ZooMed bulb that came with the reptile kit. There is also a red bulb that is on at night. This is the set. I have not had the problems people say they've had in the reviews on this site. petco.com - Zoo Med Day & Night Reptile Bulb Combo Pack customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

So I need a bulb recommendation. Is there a screw in bulb that has both UVA and UVB?

Are there other medications that you all would recommend?

The vet said that frogs can take a long time to recover from being sick, so I'm not too panicked. But I look forward to getting my girls back together in their big tank.

Details, if you want them, on the sick frog, part 1 here:
    http://www.frogforum.net/fire-belly-...questions.html

And part 2 here:
    http://www.frogforum.net/fire-belly-...questions.html

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information