Thread: Buying FBT again

Unnar Karl

Default Buying FBT again

Hi, i just discovered this awesome site and just had to join it.
    I used to have a few FBT, whites treefrog and slider turtles in my teenage years but had to sell them because i didn't have time to care for the properly but now im going back to the hobby.
    I am setting up a 65liter tank for fire bellied toads and need help about a few things:
    1.I'm going to buy 3 toads and was wondering what suits best, 2males/1female or 2females/1male ?
    2.What water plants suits them best?
    3.I'm going for 2/4 water, 1/4 dry land, 1/4 moist moss and was wondering is ill advised to go outside to find moss? I live in Iceland and there are many unspoiled places with beautifull moss, is it safe for my tank if i rinse it ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Buying FBT again

If you want to mix males and females there is a chance they will mate and have babies. You can find moss outside but be sure top thoroughly rinse it with water. WARNING:Never use soap it could kill them.

You now what is cool it is that you live in Iceland and i live all the way in Alaska yet we are still communicating with each other!

Tongue Flicker

I currently have 2 males (as they are geographically impossible to get here) and they are both doing great. Any real aggression is virtually non-existent and if you happen to see them bite a tankmates face or leg, that's because their tankmate moves and anything that moves and fits in their mouth is automatic food to them. No harm is actually done during such feats and they are amazing.

Anubias can be grown in the water and allowed to grow out. Make sure the moss strands are big as moss can sometimes cause impaction to other kinds of frogs when accidentally ingested via catching a prey. If you can have and grow live moss inside then much better.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

The fact I don't want to deal with the eggs and potential young keeps me in the all one sex category. I have two males. The older of the two likes to dominate at times, but it's harmless.

Thread Information