Thread: Show us your Pacman habitats!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Show us your Pacman habitats!!

I really enjoy the "show us your Pacman frogs" thread. Now let's start a "show us your Pac's habitat" thread! Just want to see the differences in everyone's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Re: Show us your Pacman habitats!!

Okay, I'll start with my pacmans habitat.
    All plants are plastic the heat mat and 50w ceramic run on a thermostat. Eco earth and tap water in water bowl (treated with reptisafe).
    Billy kindness" the frog is just over six years old.

Nationality
    [United States]

You're setup is AWESOME!! You really have put a lot of time and care into giving Billy Kindness a good home. How do you like using the ceramic heater? Also, what type and size is your water bowl? I've been looking for a better one for my "beefcake" for a while. Great job!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Thanks for the compliment The ceramic bulb is ideal, I guess it dries the tank quicker but the heat matt is not enough on its own.
    The water bowl is made by Exo terra and was the largest I could find. I use a pollywog auto misting pump, it switches on for 10 seconds five times a day. The thermostat has a magic eye to drop the temp after dark. 82% at the warmest part of the tank during the day and 76% in the coolest. The temp drops by 4% all round at night.
    Bill is I think a female ornate and is fed on a powdered complete food, but I mix squashed gut loaded crickets and worms into the paste.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That is an awesome set up, I bet your frog loves it!
    I just got a new tank for Blob and it looks so plain and minimal compared to yours :/ I'm not even sure I'm doing my habitat right looking at your set up... I use an over head heater- not a ceramic one, but I am considering getting one- with a dimmer along with a heat mat, and I have a fogger to compensate for the drying that it causes too. Where do you find all of your decor? I can't seem to find anything but boring plastic plants and water bowls...

Here is my basic set up, minus the lid and over head heater.

Name:  DSCN4174.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  163.3 KB

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Hi Katy, I got my plants from a local reptile shop. Some are plastic and others are silk. I also pulled leaves of the long stalks and pushed them individually through the homemade background.
    The background was made using expanding foam covered in black aquarium silicon with dry eco earth pressed in. There are guides on doing this on here and on youtube. Once the background dries, make an incision with a sharp pointed knife, push the knife to one side and insert the plant. When the knife is removed the silicon springs shut holding the plant securely.
    Branches are set into the foam before the silicon is applied. Cork bark can be pinned to the background using cocktail sticks.
    You can search silk plants and artificial plants on ebay.
    I hope this helps :0)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by hagarthefish View Post
    Hi Katy, I got my plants from a local reptile shop. Some are plastic and others are silk. I also pulled leaves of the long stalks and pushed them individually through the homemade background.
    The background was made using expanding foam covered in black aquarium silicon with dry eco earth pressed in. There are guides on doing this on here and on youtube. Once the background dries, make an incision with a sharp pointed knife, push the knife to one side and insert the plant. When the knife is removed the silicon springs shut holding the plant securely.
    Branches are set into the foam before the silicon is applied. Cork bark can be pinned to the background using cocktail sticks.
    You can search silk plants and artificial plants on ebay.
    I hope this helps :0)
    Thank you
    My local pet stores don't have a good selection of plants, I will definitely check ebay.
    That is a very elaborate background that your tank has and the tank I have right now is a 10 gallon fish tank (I just had to downgrade from a 20 gallon because it cracked) I am not sure something like that would fit in mine.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

The foam goes from the top and stops 3" from the bottom. This means the floor area is not compromised at all. The substrate goes up to the bottom of the foam.
    I think the important thing is to give the frog some cover to hide under and feel safe. So a low level, broad leaved plant or a cave/shelter is all that is required for the frog.
    You would need another tank for your frog for at least two weeks after using silicon as the smell is strong. The elaborate background however is not needed to keep a healthy pacman, but it does look great and is a focal point.

Thread Information