Thread: Baby pacman feeding?

CaliKiid

Default Baby pacman feeding?

Hey guys I've had my baby pacman (Buddha) for about 3 weeks now but I've noticed since I've had him he's been getting really chubby fast I feed him 3to4 crickets 2 times a week he seems to be pooping fine and doesn't look bloated he's just really fat and when there barreled deep into the dirt to the point you have to dig him up to see him can they breath? Is that okay?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Baby pacman feeding?

First, read this article if you have not done so before: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding. Pacman frogs do not overeat themselves fat as long as you provide them with a healthy diet. Best meal are not dyed night crawlers (Walmart or local bait shop). You can cut (use scissors) mouth sized pieces for 1-2 in. babies from worm's pointy end. For 2-3 in. frogs cut them same as the frog's body length. Bigger frogs can take whole worms.

Recently molted dubias are second best meal. Size them same as crickets; smaller than distance between frog's eyes. Gut load crickets with lettuce, carrots, and cherios cereal 24-48 hours before feeding frogs.

Frogs breath fine when buried. Make sure to mix your substrate with dechlorinated tap until it clumps in fist but does not drip water out. Also, mist the enclosure so substrate remains slightly damp, not dripping out wet. Keep enclosure at 82F with a couple degrees drop at night and the humidity between 70-80%. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information