Thread: African bullfrog problem

abbieish

Default African bullfrog problem

Just wondering if anyone can help me. My african bullfrog seems perfectly fine he eats like a pig twice a week, and gets bathed whilst I feed him. After his meal he usually poops in the water too but for the past two weeks he hasn't pooped. He's been eating fine during this time...any reason this is happening?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

sjboyle

Hi.. I'm pretty new but I had the same problem with my gabf maybe he/she has pooped under the substrate mine tends to do this from time to time... Otherwise it maybe compacted so I would recommend bathing I'm Luke warm water to help to pass the poop

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: African bullfrog problem

What are you feeding the frog? Is the right side bigger than left and can you feel a hard lump in there? Have you checked substrate in case it's burying the poop?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

abbieish

He has crickets, locust, wax worms most of the time and the occasional pinky/fluff mouse...and nope already checked for lumps there's nothing and I checked where he's been buried and I can't see any visible poop but then again I keep him on dirt so it could make it pretty hard to spot perhaps? Thanks for info btw

sjboyle

Use wax worms less as they are just fat ... The poo will be a different colour to the substrate.. just try a warmish water soak see he he passes any poo

abbieish

Yeah I try to, just trying to mix up his diet but avoiding meal worms really and I've been doing that for a few days now but nothing...maybe he has buried the poo...

sjboyle

More than likely .. mine buries his all the time ... But he always does it in his water to as soon as I put fresh water in lol

abbieish

Haha well hopefully mine will change is attitude soon I suppose!

sjboyle

Hope so.. can you post a picture?

abbieish

There you go

sjboyle

He's awesome!

this is mine

abbieish

Aw he's cool, think that's about the size of mine when I got him they grow so fast!

sjboyle

I'm also looking after this beast for a fella at work... Mine was about the size of a 10p when I got him

abbieish

He's definitely a beast, we have a big female called flump at work...she's huge!

fenwoman

my Winston was tiny when I got him 9 months ago. Now he has to have a dog bowl in his enclosure. He spends quite a lot of his time sitting in his water. He also poops in it after he's eaten which is very handy as it makes it simple to clean. BTW this isn't poo in the bowl with him, I'd done a partial substrate change and he kicked lots of the new loose stuff in. The 2nd photo shows how neat and tidy he poops. Simple matter to take out the bowl, chuck it down the loo, wash and refill.

Name:  wins.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  89.7 KBName:  winpoo.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  62.6 KB

Thread Information