Thread: just a little update...

awelcome

Default just a little update...

so I have had Zeus for a month and a half now and I believe things are going well! I know this wouldn't have been the case if not for all the helpful advice on this forum, so a big thanks to everyone who walked me through each and every thing and have given me relief on many occasions when I had questions. Zeus is as voracious an eater as ever, having nice formed poops daily, can be found throughout his tank at any time of the day, and seems generally content with everything.... despite my small tank which I know is NOT optimal, but I also believe I was able to optimize it's potential in a way that works for Zeus. That is not to say I don't hope to upgrade it down the road still... it just might be a ways unfortunately.

Other than a few bumps in the road (mostly plant related) things have been relatively smooth. I think I have the hang of fly culturing... just started my next cultures yesterday and my second set is ready to use even though I have a bit longer yet on the original ones I made I'd guess. I also FINALLY got a booming culture of springtails, and have been able to add them to the viv where I see him enjoying them... hopefully not too much lol. As I mentioned the plants aren't my strong point, but I have managed to keep 5 of the 6! That's a win in my book lol. I blame him for the death of the other though because he broke quite a few of the healthy leaves off.

Anyway, that's a little update on us... thanks again for all the help, and I hope he continues to thrive under my care.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: just a little update...

I have lost many plants to my destructive frogs. As tender as you can be with them, you never know how the frogs will treat them! I'm glad that things are going well for you and Zeus, Alicia

(btw, love the name. My family was going to name our last dog Zeus, but considering we already had a dog named 'Moose', we figured it would be confusing for them. Instead we named him Zeke...which turned out to rhyme with 'speak'... our command for Moose to bark, our house as a bit noisy haha)
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: just a little update...

Glad all is good with Zeus !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information