Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hey folks! New to the site!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default Hey folks! New to the site!

    I'm going to assume the fake rocks are made of styrofoam or expanding foam. The only "animal safe" paint is krylon fusion. If you are using anything other than that, be sure to cover it with krylon fusion clear. ALL sides must be covered with several coats of clear coat to ensure it is 100% sealed. One small area that is not and chemicals can leech into the tank and wreak havoc on your inhabitants.

    When I built my steam punk tank, every piece that was painted got roughly 10 coats of krylon fusion clear coat. Funny how I keep mentioning krylon fusion, huh? Like it's important or something lol


    Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    5
    Blog Entries
    1
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Hey folks! New to the site!

    THANKS EVERYONE!

    So Krylon Fusion? lol! And just an fyi yes I did use great stuff expanding foam. Then I carved and sanded it. Covered it in Drylok. Then over that with a mix of tile grout. Then tinted Drylok (with acrylic paint). Then I layere the colors of acrylic paint. Then three coat of Krylon Matte Finish to seal the paint. This weekend I'll hopefully find the Krylon Fusion Clear and do multiple coats of that and call it ready for testing.

    Additional question I used old coated wire (destroyed an old xbox pad cord) for a base and applied a thick coat of black silicone over it then rolled it in jungle mix substrate to create vines. I didn't have any rope available. I was hoping since its coated in silicone it wouldn't matter the base especially because I will go over the vines with the Krylon Fusion Clear anyway. Thoughts?

    And again thanks for he help!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hi folks
    By DeeDub in forum Introductions Area
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 20th, 2012, 01:06 PM
  2. Here we go folks
    By mikesfrogs in forum Pacman Frogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM
  3. Hey folks!
    By joeyboy in forum Introductions Area
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM
  4. Hello folks!
    By SludgeMunkey in forum Introductions Area
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 26th, 2009, 05:14 AM
  5. How's it going folks!
    By ragnew in forum Introductions Area
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •