Thread: My WTF is really angry

Cronopio

Default My WTF is really angry

He got out a couple of times a few weeks back -- we were lucky to find him and now the top of his cage is secured, but this is one angry frog. Every night he pushes and pushes and pushes on the top, and when he cannot move it, he makes that frog sound -- you know that one I mean, the one that's a bad word in frog language. Last night he yelled at us for about 20 mins.

I feel terrible. I think maybe it's because we have all the windows open and he can hear the native frogs and maybe he wants to go out and meet a girl frog, but I hate him being so frustrated all the time. He's in a 20 gallon tank, although it's horizontal and not vertical -- I know that's a problem, but I cannot afford anything different right now. He has plenty to climb on, hide under, and is otherwise healthy. Still eats good.

Any ideas, besides telling him to get over it, he ain't getting out again?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

HerpDerp

Default Re: My WTF is really angry

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do other than getting a taller enclosure. Before I caved and got my exo-terra for my WTF I cruised craigslist daily, trying to find someone giving up a taller fish tank for a decent price. I was considering hexagonal tanks or the extra tall aquariums. Although, in Maine is very difficult to find anything. My selection was just too limited. But you might have better luck. Sometimes people just give things like that away because they don't want to deal with it. I had my WTF in a 10 gallon before I got my new terrarium and he used to try to get out too. They just like to be higher up!

Cronopio

Thanks, Herp! That's what I figured!

I guess those new tires are gonna have to wait a month, then.

NatureLady

Turn the 20 gallon on its side and make it taller!!! There are several other members who have build threads on making a tall 20 gallon.

I got my exo 18x18x24 off of Craigslist for 40 bucks...so search before you drop big money!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Yes, taller will make him happy. I just encountered the same dilemma at Petco with their retf's.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information