Thread: Help w/my RETF!

froggygirl

Default Help w/my RETF!

Hi all! I am totally new on here, so I am hoping that I do this right. I am needing some advice on my frog. Recently, "Snoopy" has began sleeping on the front part of the cage vs hiding. I also noticed that she has gotten a little fatter or bloated looking.

I am wondering that if this is something I should be concerned about. I have 2 of them, and both have grown some, but the one just seems to be bloated or whatever here recently. I have only had them few months so I don't know if this is part of the growing process or possibility of pregnancy or even a sickness.

If anyone could help with some tips, that would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Help w/my RETF!

Hanging out on the front glass is normal. I would like to see some pictures of your frog to determine whether we are talking about bloat or just a well fed frog.

Also, could you please post your location and country in your profile? It helps us to help you better.

froggygirl

Thanks for the reply! I attached 3 pics. I hope I did it right. The 2 of the alone frogs in the frog in question "Snoopy" I attached the other one just b/c it is so cute.

Can I also ask how to know for sure between male and female. I have hopes to have one of each to do some breeding.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

They are gorgeous. How old are these guys?. They look pretty good to me but I dont keep these frogs so I would wait for Kurt to confirm.

Kurt

They look like fine, healthy Agalychnis callidryas to me. I sex them by size and call, but I understand there is a difference in head shape. Whether this is true or not, I do not know. To tell you the truth I never looked at mine to see if its true.

Paul Rust

I agree, they look really good. Welcome to the forum and good job taking care of these guys.

froggygirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    They are gorgeous. How old are these guys?. They look pretty good to me but I dont keep these frogs so I would wait for Kurt to confirm.
    Thank you! I really am not sure how old they are though. I got them back in February. They have grown quite a bit so I thinking they were youngsters.

froggygirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    They look like fine, healthy Agalychnis callidryas to me. I sex them by size and call, but I understand there is a difference in head shape. Whether this is true or not, I do not know. To tell you the truth I never looked at mine to see if its true.
    Great! Thank you for taking the time to look at the pics. It is good to hear that they look fine!

Thanks again!

froggygirl

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    I agree, they look really good. Welcome to the forum and good job taking care of these guys.
    Thank you!!!

Thread Information