Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was wondering

tattooed81

Smile Was wondering

do FBTs require UV light¿ I thought they did but I can`t remember.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default re: Was wondering

No, they do not. I have yet to see conclusive proof that amphibians in general require UV light. This is another case of reptile people applying rules for a completely different group of life forms to amphibians.

tattooed81

Yeah I don't have uv on them but why i was asking is a petco employee told me they did when i asked why since there nocturnal he couldn`t tell me

Jumpshot724

They're not nocturnal, they're diurnal.

Whilst no they don't NEED it, I've found it does bring out the colors in them for our viewing pleasure. Also, I have live plants and that helps them too lol.

tattooed81

Default Re: Was wondering

What`s diurnal day timers? Never herd that word before

Kurt

Yes, diurnal means active during the day light hours.

Billy

Yes, some people tend to think of amphibians as the same as reptiles as far as care. I do have a UV light with mine because I have plants in with them. Where I would draw the line is with albino amphibs, it can cause health problems with them. Don't remember where I heard it, but it's wise not to test the waters.

daydreaming

i use lights but its more for a heat reason rather then for actual light as my living room is fairly bright any way. i also have one of the blue lights which is suppose to replicate moon light but its more so that i can actually see them hunting and bathing and to work out which of my whites is croaking but 2 of them look the same so i never remember which one it was lol

tattooed81

Talking Re: Was wondering

give one a tattoo

daydreaming

lol funny thing is i work in a tattoo shop lol

did you see the picture of the cat that had a egyption,i think it was a tomb or some thing tattooed on its chest, that is just mean

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by daydreaming View Post
    lol funny thing is i work in a tattoo shop lol

did you see the picture of the cat that had a egyption,i think it was a tomb or some thing tattooed on its chest, that is just mean
    If I find anyone doing that to an animal, they won't be happy. There's just NO call for doing that to an animal. It's funny how people think that just because they "own" an animal, they can do what they please to it. That's just horrible.

Kurt

You generally do not need to heat amphibians as they like it on the cool side.

tattooed81

Don`t tattoo your frog I was joking I would never tattoo any animal I have practiced on pigs though but they were dead already

daydreaming

well apparently (i did some research after i saw the feature) it was a hoax, not too sure i believe that but it was on a sphynx cat (hairless cats) its some thing that is demned fashionable in egypt i think it was. now i ave just proved i was always right when i said fashion sucked!

daydreaming

trainee tattooists or just practising for your own enjoyment?

tattooed81

practice i don`t do them professional but there easy I like art

daydreaming

i dont think i could tattoo some one if they moved or figit it would annoy me but i would love to do the laser tattoo removal, thats suppose to be even more painful then the actual process of being tattooed lol

tattooed81

Cool Re: Was wondering

You like pain wow

Kurt

I have yet to get a tatoo. Maybe I am a little bit chicken.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by daydreaming View Post
    well apparently (i did some research after i saw the feature) it was a hoax, not too sure i believe that but it was on a sphynx cat (hairless cats) its some thing that is demned fashionable in egypt i think it was. now i ave just proved i was always right when i said fashion sucked!

Whew! Glad for that. Actually, Kurt, most tattoos aren't that bad. The one that hurt me the worst was the tribal viper on the back of my neck, now that hurt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information